Skurgeon’s Diary

I destroyed or deleted most of my fat photos. I wish I hadn't now. Have you slowed your weight loss down now, Sk?

Yes I’ve been trying to slow it down and doing a good job when I went on vacation gaining 12 pounds! But those 12 pounds went away eventually when I got back home and back on track. I’m back on the 1 pound a week loss.

as of today I’m down 50 pounds for the year 2021. I lost 129 pounds in 2020. Total weight loss 179 pounds. (402 to 223)

Great work. Regaining some sucks but it's a part of life and I'm glad you haven't let it stop you.

I haven’t been posting much lately but things are still progressing well.

I have lost a total of 182 pounds now. Crazy number!

So I have been 220 pounds for the last 3 days and it’s a very noticeable difference from being 230 pounds. I don’t mean visually, even thou it is a noticeable visual difference, I mean in the way I feel and move. It’s like I became an athlete overnight or something. Hard to put into words.

The level of effort required to do anything seems so insignificant, It’s like I’m the energizer bunny…. I can just keep going and going and going.

This morning I jumped out of bed and I thought to myself “What the hell was that?” I never do that. I think now as I get smaller every pound is more significant because it’s a greater percentage of my what’s left of my body. Couple that with living for years with so much excess weight that even at 220 (Which is by no means small) I feel extremely light.

Im at a point now where I think I’m just going to keep eating the way I am and see what happens. At 2600 calories I don’t feel like I’m deprived at all. I mean I don’t feel like I’m dieting. Maybe at some point 2600 calories a day will be my maintenance? Maybe 2600 will get me to 200 pounds? If this is the point where the weight loss stopped I think O would be all-right with the way I look, feel and eat.

I really want to just glide/segue into maintenance. Maybe the weight loss will stop and 210 and I’ll be done. Maybe I’ll get to 205 and think I don’t want to lose anymore and maybe will increase my calories to 2700 or 2800? I just don’t know but I’m having a good time with the journey and the overall experience.

this is a long post but in a nut shell I have a plan which is there is no plan. Weight loss now at 2600 calories is averaging 0.8 to 1 pounds per week. So losing 20 more pounds at this rate is 5 to 6 months! That’s takes me into April or May of next year…

super slow and steady wins the race

I love everything about this post. If you could bottle that feeling and sell it you'd be rich! Coasting into maintenance and letting your weight get to whereever it'll go on a comfortable amount of calories seems like a great idea.

This is a weird NSV but I think it’s pretty cool.

when I go the gym and switch from my street shoes to my gym shoes in the change room I can now stand on one foot pull my shoe and sock off and then put on my gym sock and gym shoe while continuing to balance on that one foot.

when I was at my biggest I couldn’t even bend over to tie my shoes.

Officially out of the 220’s. I was 218 this morning. Total weight loss now at 185 pounds. BANANAS! 🍌

My new favorite thing to do when someone brings up my weight.

Them “How much weight have you lost?”

Me “ More than you weigh.”

Now the ball is back in their court. Do they want to share how much they weigh?

Not that I care. I don’t mind sharing. I just like to see how they handle it.

I’m really surprised at how many NSV’s are appearing at this point. Every other day seems to bring some new ability or benchmark.

This week I’ve really noticed an increase in my range of motion. Specifically with my legs. Just the mass of fat on my legs prevented me from being able to stretch my quad with the classic “grab your foot and gently pull your heel towards your butt” move... It was bad… I couldn’t get my lower leg much past level with the ground and couldn’t even reach back to grab it. I definitely did not feel a stretch in the quad either.

Now I can fully pull my heel against my butt. I can also do a full deep “Ass to the grass” squat which blows my mind every time i do it as I watch myself in the mirror. This was completely impossible before.

I had a bad moment when I was over 400 pounds before I started losing weight when I dropped my tv remote and it bounced under my bed. I had to get down and lay flat on my stomach to reach under and grab it. That’s when I realized that I couldn’t get up. There was just enough space between my bed and desk chair for me to lay down but now I had to stand straight up in that space without being able to kick a leg out wide and get to one knee and then walk my way up. I didn’t have the space to do this and I was stuck for about 2 minutes laying face down on my bedroom floor between the chair and the bed. I could get to my hands and knees but my stomach was too big to get my leg forward and my foot underneath myself plus at over 400 pounds it was very painful to be on your knees this way and I would have to go back to lying down on my stomach. Eventually I fought my way to one knee and one foot with one hand grabbing my bed sheets and the other on the chair that was swiveling making things more precarious.

I thought of this event today at the gym as I easily and repeatedly lowered and raised my body without any aids at the end of my leg workout.

When I got home I lay down on the floor in that same spot in the same way. I did 1 push-up, brought one leg forward and in one clean motion stood up on one leg with what I would describe as a “zero out of ten” effort.

Hi Skurgeon, your story is really incredible. You make it all sound so easy! Maybe it is. :)

Brilliant story about retrieving the remote. Your life is so much easier now. It leaves room for so many other things. That’s a fantastic thing.

View attachment 30318

18 months and 167 pounds lost. I only recorded weights in the app (happy scale) when I reached a new personal low. So this graph doesn’t spike up and down.
Hi Skurgeon, your story is really incredible. You make it all sound so easy! Maybe it is. :)

Brilliant story about retrieving the remote. Your life is so much easier now. It leaves room for so many other things. That’s a fantastic thing.
Obrigado Emily

It’s definitely simple.. not sure about easy! We all know what to do….. it’s the actual doing that makes the difference. I always say my power is “adherence “.

Just had my back and biceps workout so I’m pumped up and the lighting is flattering but I was shocked when I saw the back picture.

Attachments

• 28BAE0BB-8AE4-414D-A0B3-74144ABB1061.jpeg
    28BAE0BB-8AE4-414D-A0B3-74144ABB1061.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DB2179E3-2872-4C0E-8057-6D600B33E123.jpeg
    DB2179E3-2872-4C0E-8057-6D600B33E123.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 13
Looking good!
Thanks. It’s getting weird!

Back