Marsia's Diary

I´ve done home visits with hoarders where the floor was literally covered in a conglomerate of full plastic bags with just a narrow passageway to get from necessary work space to necessary work space.
I have been in a couple of houses like that too & I doubt very much your house was like that, Marsia. My stuff is confined to cupboards & I regularly go through them & give stuff away. I think most people have more stuff than they need.
Your day sounds absolutely lovely. You needed & really earned that break!

You can't be full of Mexican jumping beans every day. No wonder you feel like you've been hit by a truck! Be kind to yourself, hon & just take it easy for a day :grouphug:

Yesterday just as the workers got here, the electricity went out (second time this month) and it just came back on.
Geez--you've sure had your share of challenges doing this packing up/renovation job!
Excellent you were able to keep your food and were able to stay warm. Good to not be overly reliant on any one heat source.

here is no comparison to how it is now - it's so, so much nicer. Though I am tired and out of sorts today, I also feel a great sense of accomplishment.
I bet you do! That must be wonderful to see the transformation!

I meditated, but it was mostly falling asleep while sitting up.
:) I've had plenty of those sessions! Good to keep up the habit no matter though. Good for you!

Having the power break down when you´re already running around like a mad hatter sounds super stressful. You deserved that rest!

"The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master."
Seeing some of what you've written about CBT and meditation reminded me of this. A lot of this has to do with the relationship between our rational mind vs our primitive reward systems. For those of us who have addictive (note that I refer to unhealthy relationships with food as potentially addictive) tendencies, we can easily take those thoughts that could lead to self destructive behaviors and treat them as reality. CBT seems to be a methodology that helps realize that a thought is not necessarily a fact and hopefully help recognize this before we convince ourselves to rationalize those self destructive behaviors. I've had to play a bit with it in the process of dealing with my alcoholism, which for me is more dangerous of my addictions.

Meditation was an incredibly uncomfortable thing for me initially. Sitting with my own thoughts was tough. I used guided meditation and grounding initially. Eventually I was able to sit for longer periods of time without discomfort, and now I actually look forward to it. Its like hitting a reset button sometimes.

Anyway, Hi! I think this may be my first post in your diary.

TDT

I am about to start my CBT book. It's on depression because my friend is having a hard time and I want to help by reading this with her, but I figure it will all probably transfer to anxiety, too, and probably to eating too much. It seems like it's all just about believing thoughts that aren't helpful, so hopefully this book will help my friend, and me, too. Ok, onward to read my book!
I've worked through about 3 different CBT workbooks and I do find it's most helpful when I've used ones that are more specific to the particular issue I am facing, but there are usually good cross-overs. Especially since you are especially aware of your issues and have a good background in all of this. Excellent too to help out a friend using her book so you can work through it together. My favorite therapy sessions were group therapy using CBT books--so helpful to have the motivation of others also tackling their issues!

So great the electricity is back!!

Power failures are incredibly frustrating when you are not in the middle of preparing houses for sale. We lose our water too when it happens. Are you starting to feel like you're on the home run now?

If I had to deal with all that stuff I'd... No, I wouldn't weigh 200 kg; I'd run away and hide in the woods or something.

I think I would have lost the plot by now too & headed for the hills. You are doing so well holding it together, M! K's tennis match sounds wonderful. It's so good to hear about true sportsmanship & camaraderie. You have done very well there. Your daughter is a chip off the not so old block xo

I got things all back in order today and started fresh, so hopefully I won't have interruptions this coming week, and I can just finish up the main house packing. Even my contractor keeps running into problems.
I have never built or renovated a house but from what I hear from other people this is 100% normal. And super frustrating.

Apple and oat crumble sounds delicious!
I can't believe how little my skinny clothes are. I got used to being chubby again. They are beautiful clothes, and it was inspiring to go through them.
Isn't it the weirdest feeling? I wish it was possible to hang on to it and revisit when you lose weight but still feel big.

Sounds like a hard day´s work but very satisfying. Gentle rain that really soaks into the soil after a drought is wonderful.

I didn't eat so well. We went out and got barbecue brisket and Cole slaw and Mac and cheese take-out. And I had a crepe for dessert. But we moved a ton of stuff, so I should stay at my current weight.
If you were to weigh yourself tomorrow or the day after your weight would probably be up (because lots of salt and carbs attract water) but if it´s the exception to the healthy rule it won´t have any long-term effect.

I hate moving, but it sounds like you are managing just fine.
I did 5 loads of laundry that I am sorting into keep and get rid of piles - clothes that will fit when I am skinnier and ski clothes, which I am mostly going to get rid of. I can't believe how little my skinny clothes are. I got used to being chubby again. They are beautiful clothes, and it was inspiring to go through them. I really want to get and stay healthy!!!
Funny how we seem to need a variety of sizes. Seems to go with the territory!
I didn't eat so well. We went out and got barbecue brisket and Cole slaw and Mac and cheese take-out. And I had a crepe for dessert. But we moved a ton of stuff, so I should stay at my current weight.
Eating a bit more when you are doing so much exercise shouldn't hurt. Me, I am just happy if I don't binge... a few extra calories don't hurt.

Hope you like the new place, sounds like so far so good.

The progress on the move sounds so good Marsia. Great to be actually moving stuff into the new place!
I know what you mean about getting rain after way too long without. We are having steady rains now after such a dry summer. The earth is happy :) ....or is that just me?

Apologies Marsia! I know I have wrongly called you Marisa. I do know your name is Marsia, and in my head that is the name I think of when thinking of you. However, my spell checker prefers Marisa and I too often accept it. When typing I am not a good speller, for most things my spell checker is right.

LaMa kindly pointed this out to me in a PM, guess she did not want to embarrass me publicly. She doesn't know how hard it is to do that! Oh and my spell checker wants to change her name to Llama...

I do like to think of myself as a fine beast :rotflmao:

Back