🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Back On Topic

I am sitting here trying to remain calm, I tend to over stress prior to exams and I have a Biomechanics exam today 📝👩‍🎓:willy_nilly:

You will blitz it!

Exam done, but with a LOT of stress :flame::poop:, internet cut out, so rushed questions and ran out of time, all I can do now is hope for the best but my stress levels are through the roof and I need to go and lift weights. 🏋️‍♀️:chillpill:

De-Stress Session

Bench Press6 X 5
Inverted TRX Rows 5 X 5
Palloff Press5 X 10 each side
Wide Banded Lat Pulldown5 X 5
Seated Cable Row5 X 5
Sandbag Clean and Press5 X 5
Torsinator OH Press5 X 5 each side
McGill Curl-up100
Battle Rope T-WaveUntil Fail

Oof, that does not sounds like fun. Fingers crossed the tech problems don´t mess things up.

Stress has settled a little but still have one more exam this week and my dodgy internet worries me.

I was just thinking about you & wondering when you would get your results. Dodgy internet is a problem. Can you connect better via your phone personal hotspot? That's all I have as we don't have a landline or NBN.

I have absolutely no mobile phone reception here, we have landline for phone and satellite (Sky Muster) for internet. We are considered remote despite being only 20 minutes (on a good traffic day) from a reasonably large regional town. We also do not get T.V reception and have a separate satellite for that as well. Radio is scratchy at best.

A bit of cloud in the wrong spot and we loose everything except the landline, if we get a lot of rain and it fills the Telstra pit with water we loose that too.

My mobile phone is only used in town or when I drive to Uni, For text messages when confirmation codes etc, get sent I have to wander around the paddocks with my phone waving in the air to try and get enough signal to get the code.

It does feel odd to be isolated so close to civilisation if you consider rural redneck Queensland civilised lol

On the up side Covid lockdowns have little impact, there has not been one here since the start of the Pandemic. however if they were to implement the 5km movement limit like they have in Sydney and other places we don't live within 5k of anything but farms and bush and really only go into town for grocery shopping anyway, with my allergies it is unsafe to go to cafes and restaurants and of course I don't need to go to a commercial gym with my extensive home gym. Getting my mobile coaching business started could be a challenge if we were locked down.

For text messages when confirmation codes etc, get sent I have to wander around the paddocks with my phone waving in the air to try and get enough signal to get the code.
For me that's a throw-back to the early 2000s :eek: Walking up the driveway to the street (and sometimes into the field across the road) to have a chance of sending a character-counted message full of abbreviations... Fingers crossed your connection stays secure for the next test.

About to drive down the coast to Uni, today the topic is analysing the biomechanics and spinal stresses while lifting a weight from the floor in the lab. Digging into the underlying data. As a coach this means I will have the knowledge to explain the why in detail for differing techniques rather than saying because the science says so.

Your course sounds like such a good one, Tru & your qualifications are going to be exceptional!

I still dislike the huge quantity of maths, but today it was more about using the right formulae in excel.

Learned how to calculate force applied to the spine for a given external load. external moment arms, Bodyweight above the L3 vertebrae, total bodyweight, and internal moment arm. Also calculating T-Numbers and Pearson's correlation coefficients to determine which factor corelates to the biggest change in compressive force at a given weight load.

Quietish day today, study for human physiology when the paddocks were being slashed and now that its done looks a heap better and is safer going into fire season, it took around 6 hours for the contractor to clean up roughly 10 of our 14 acres.

Training

Squat
Zercher good mornings
SLDs
walking lunges

I'm glad it was dry enough to get your paddocks slashed :)

The grass is soooo dry underneath, hubby has been told to to expect a very bad fire season up here, fire season tends to start with the beginning of spring, a lot earlier than the southern states.

Hubby done a rough calculation of the load of flammable material on the property and the tonnage was scary, much less now.

We had a wet summer all over Europe I think. About time too: groundwater had been dropping for a while.

A little over 80% on physiology exam, If I can keep on top of the rest of the small assessments I should be able to come close to passing the subject before the final exam which would take a lot of pressure off. considering the high stress with the biomechanics

Back