Sport What's yer poison?

Sport Fitness
Is there a food or drink that regularly breaks your nutritional will-power or you find yourself resisting with more effort than most?

Mine is popcorn like you get from a machine at the movie theater. Not microwave, kettle, or cold pre-bagged stuff. Gotta be the yellow kind that comes out of a movie popper...without that butter crap though.

Either that or hot, spicy boiled crawfish.

What's yours?

Last edited:
Fricken ice cream!!!
And it always seems that when I go to CVS to get some they have a buy one get one free sale going on... grrrr.....

Krispy Kreams and Sausages (not together)

I have an awful sweet tooth and find that complete abstinence is the only way to stay off them; if I allow myself one treat then it snowballs out of control.

Krispy Kreams and Sausages (not together)

I have an awful sweet tooth and find that complete abstinence is the only way to stay off them; if I allow myself one treat then it snowballs out of control.

Same here with the snowballing

Same here on the movie theater popcorn.

And chocolate chip cookies! My wife and I are having a weight loss competition, and those are her secret weapon. LOL

Dave

Mine would have to be things like biscuits because I have to have them in the house due to being a diabetic and its so easy to pick at 3 or 4 after my dinner :(

LOL... i would say any baking.... and trust me i love baking...I am french and i am originally from Trois-Riviers QP and men i love sweet stuff....

Beer is, by far, the hardest thing for me to stay away from. My will has been strong, but man, come the weekends, I'm really craving some good IPA. With summer and BBQs happening now, it makes it that much harder to resist. But I haven't had a beer in over 5 weeks. Quite and achievement for myself.

Beer! If I drink it in the afternoon, I will not be able to work out later. On the other hand, an ice cold pint of ale tastes incredible after my run.

1. I have a supermajor sweet tooth. I have to be extremely mindful when it comes to "treating" myself because I have an unnatural ability to eat pounds and pounds of chocolate without really noticing... I think I go into a daze or a chocolate coma or something...

2. Big breakfasts. It's comfort food for me. Toast with beans, eggs, fried tomatoes, HASHBROWNS, various kinds of veggie ripoffs of sausages, bacon, so on... My most recent breakfast fantasy has been French toast with a bit of cinnamon, with a few scoops of organic vanilla yogurt, slices of banana, roasted almonds and drizzled in honey. Dear god.

trouble

Fresh doughnuts - I can't even be near them - and I miss them : (

Wine - I can never have just one bottle........I mean one glass : )

-If i go any longer than 2.5-3 hours without food, the probability of eating something sh1t increases.

-Binge drinking, thus binge eating the following day due to low blood sugar & dehydration!

Oreos are my nemesis

Back