Buying Dumbells

I do have the bars now but I might buy this to go on the bars and work out alittle more in my room.

What you think?

I do have the bars now but I might buy this to go on the bars and work out alittle more in my room.

What you think?

Since you have the York bars, have you checked the prices of Iron York 1 inch Plates? There are (or can be) as cheap as the OLY plates.

Do a Google price search.

These (the one in your pics) will work (and get you by for now), but personally, I would go for the Iron version rather than the plastic coated (cement, sand filled, etc) versions. IMO, the iron will take a more abuse and have a lower profile (width, etc), and allow for more weight on the DB bar.

EDIT:

For example, in the pics I posted, there is one with about 45 pounds and the other with about 40 pounds on the DB bar (the bar is about 5 pounds). And, I could put over 150 pounds on one DB Bar (3 25 pound plates on each side), as an example. Or 5 to 6 10 pound plates on each side.

Best wishes

Chillen

Last edited:
I agree with Chillen 300% those plastic sand filled weights are total garbage.

I had some and they have been completely destroyed.

I will only be lifting in me room so be on a carpet bare in mind. The thing is I need the dumbells to go to 20KG. With the iron york ones this will cost me a fair bit but the sand filled ones its £20 for the kit. I also need them aslittle as 7KG so I can do the the back lifting when you lean over and move the dumbell from your side upwards.

Im not sure if the iron ones will fit. Heres a picture of my dumbbell at the moment. (I do have 2)

If the look at the red bit you tighten and the weight there are little grooves but with the iron weights they dont have the groove but I guess this just means the weight will just spin around abit.

Last edited:
Could you give me some good links for buying dumbells please?

I found these:

Would they be 20kg each dumbell?

Last edited:
Back