Petals diary

I can see most of us being in maintenance at least by next year.
Me too! :D
lost 0.5lb this evening. I am a little disappointed but as I said to Amy that’s 26lb in a year if I did every week .
Oh, hugs, and solidarity! And yes, 26 pounds in a year - and you have only nine-and-a-half to go! (We will get there... heaven knows how, but we'll get there... we know we will! :)
They are allowed more food but seem scared to eat it .
I expect that's the really tricky part about maintenance - the psychology of it, the being able to relax and enjoy the new self without falling into self-destructive eating. We'll manage that, too, I am sure - forewarned is forearmed.

lost 0.5lb this evening
That is great, good for you!
I am a little disappointed
Hey is this the same wise lady who just today was telling me that not losing anything this week was ok? I think the half a pound a week fits very well with what you have described as your plan. You are doing fine.
They were scared to eat , definitely not eating enough by the sounds of it . They are allowed more food but seem scared to eat it .
I can understand that, as you know I have had some of those same feelings. Though I am stubborn, and I know it may not seem like it, I actually do listen to all the advice I get here about eating too little, including from you. It has helped me, without that advice I think I could fall into a kind of fast and I know that would not be good. It can be hard to draw lines.

Keep up the good work!

There was a lot of people in class tonight struggling with maintenance. They were scared to eat , definitely not eating enough by the sounds of it . They are allowed more food but seem scared to eat it .
We had a lot of those people at WW as well. They usually didn´t last long. Because it was often an indicator of this "I have to restrict for a while then I can go back to my old ways) mindset.

Hi everyone . I think we all are on the same page . It’s great . thanks for all comments .
Good day today . Busy one . I’m going away for a couple of days but will try to pop in . Not too concerned about the food . Will try to choose well but I do as usual fancy some cake if I’m lucky lol .

Ah unfortunately had a bit of change of plan so a staycation for a day or 2 instead !

I might not bother with the cake until next trip .

A walk, with or without a little cake, sounds good! I'm off to take one myself - and will take a photo to share if I can find my camera charger. :)

How lovely, the long walk! I'm off for one too - just not sure exactly where, yet! :D
And I've seen you had a good eight hours' sleep - I'm really convinced that this is key to so much, healthy weight as well as much else, but I never seem to find the time to look into it.

Lack of sleep raises your cortisol levels, which raises your risk of obesity. I think it could just be through making you more hungry but that's just because I personally get so hungry when I don't sleep well/enough. Raised cortisol levels also make you more likely to grow your fat deposits on your belly rather than elsewhere.

Back