Performance -Not Enough!

Proper hench. Poser :p
hehe,, I like the poser comment- and I thought all the "gymies" were. Oh the way we judge one another. but 'proper hench" - I do not knwo what the means.

So, yesterday, I ran 6 miles in the early morning 80+, 185% humidity! and felt great.

Today, thanks to EVO, i can hardly straighten my arms all the way out, or lift them up, or flex by back. But i have great posture! And for gods sake,,, do not poke a finger into me anywhere. I am tender to say the least.

You rock EVO!!!! And thanks for stepping up. You get the credit for making me a 'lil baby boy' for a day.

Good food, and back to the gym tonight. I have an appointment for Thursday night to get a complete fitness test, body fat, and heart rate measurments and alll that.

My 15 year old daughter is taking an interest, and I saw her pass up on a desert last night at dinner, because I did. It was good.

This place gave me a "daddy tear." If you aint a daddy you can't get it, but the dads do.

great weekend of fitness and diet.
Scuba diving, scallopping, swim swim swim, lots of swim,, also did a 2 mile stretch of open water for good measure and to really stretch it out.

lifted weights, did a spin class, played raquetball.

held off on any dipping sauces for scallops. No deserts on the 4th... Feeling tremendous. Also noticing the love handles are much thinner than they were. back picture inserted.

tonight I have a fitness evaluation, test, body fat and all that at LA Fitness.
BEFORE- MAY
thback.jpg

AFTER -July
back7.jpg

Last edited:
Looking great for an,.................Old man! (I should talk, Im nearly 7 years older)............Keep it up Todd! Your adjustments in diet coupled with the activites trimming the ole' love handles!..........ZAP their @ss! Good job, BRO!

Hee, he,......I still got you on those pushups,,,,,,,,,,Oh, by the way, those 82 were in much less than a minute and no stops or rest periods.(gets dirt, rubs in, lol........:) ) So to quelch doubters (since Im 46 or going to be), I will do a video. I still love ya,,,,,,,,,any way............:) :eek:

dude!! that is some mighy confidence... and good timing since i can't feel my arms right now.

But i did come n at 16.3% body fat, at 39.5 years old. The chart there said excellent--- but compared to what?? hahaha

what is your body fat?
no pushups for me tonight... and now that you aded under 1 minute, I already know that I'm toasted. especially at 193 pounds.

I am confident, but not too confident. One has to be when diet and training. Hey, If you get more, then we can swap videos, and have a -in fun-contest, that would be too much fun! Or, better, if you dont get more, we can swap our personal bests, and see who progresses faster contest or something like that (or if you have a better idea), that would be too much fun! What do you think? We could ROCK DA HOUSE...........let me know.......

I dont know what my body fat percentage is. In truth, I never had it checked, I always went by how I looked and how the abs were showing to just take an educated guess. I know that on average, once they (the abs)start to show really well, one is approaching around 10%, so based on this, I would gather below 10%, or about 8% or so, and this is pure guess work.

sounds great! the doc is a great player too. i will do my personal best on Video this weekend.
So we are going for within a minute. BUT- if you can keep good form and pace beyond a minute keep going, k? maybe that lilly lizard Aussie will come back with his 2 minute pushup- (sorry, couldn;t help myself)

Just got back from boogie boarding down in Texas. Glad to see you followed my set up and got a good workout. You can pay me back by taking me scuba diving when I make it down to Florida in about 2 years.

good day for diet yesterday, ate meat and cheeses, oats, yogurts, strawberries, and good stuff. Ran a blazing hot 4 miles, went to a play/dance production with my honey, sex, and slept very well.

Spin class this morning, hit the weights on my back, then a break and maybe a nap, then TKD, then who knows. Want to keep a good solid week of fitness, heavy on TKD,, family coming into to visit for 10 days next Friday.

FF

EVO! yeah man!! you got it. I will even try and round up the gear for ya, and if you aint certified we'll either do it illegal, or we'll just do some free-dive spear fishing!! yeah man... we'll get ya with a spear sticking thru a hog fish with a cable attached to you and see how long you can hold your breath!! ADRENALINE JUNKIES are fun!! Boogie boarding is great fun. Wish we would have had some major Gulf weather for ya!

I will be on your routine! My personal trainor sessions (taking advantage of the freebees) run out on Tuesday, but Gym people turn out o be pretty cool, and I have already met a few.

Last edited:
Out late last night and ate a lil stack of Doritos and about 10 M&M's. Am i loggin in that i had a cheat meal-- NOT hardly. Typically i woul eat chips and chocolates, and drinks sodaws and just party it up. i felt a tremendous success in personal diet control last night.

The UFC fights were good to see the endurance necesarry, all but the last fight went the distance. Very motivating.

Got up played a match of Tennis- total of 7 games, came home, rested, then ran 5.6 miles to the gym, worked legs, with squats, also did 4 different core exercises with 3 sets on each. then swam 30 up and back laps. No Bike today.

Flip turn in getting better. still picking up a puddle in my sinuses from time to time. Also noticed that when I relax my pushoff some i can get a greater number of strokes per lap, thus a better workout.

searched Active.com and picked an event.
Crystal River Triathlon Sprint-
Swim- 1/4 Mile- warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico (beach start) Bike-15 miles- Flat, fast course thru the pristine estuaries of west central FL's beautiful nature coast. Run 3-Miles- out & back w/ water stations & music at mi. marks.

Dude-- you amaze me with the amount you can fit in and still keep going.

By the way-- I did get in the 100 pushups I promised the other day. Even had one of the boys doing them along with me.

And good on ya for controlling the diet! That's a tough one--

-doc

:cool:

Flip turn in getting better. still picking up a puddle in my sinuses from time to time. Also noticed that when I relax my pushoff some i can get a greater number of strokes per lap, th

Are you referring to a more laxed streamline? If so, it might actually be more of a workout holding your breath once you've flipped off the wall and holding a streamline for as long as necessary. I know I get my heart pumping and is thus more of a cardio thing when I swim hard into the wall, flip, and hold a tight streamline for a few meters, as opposed to flipping off the wall and beginning my strokes.

You are saying to even stretch that streamline longer for more of a workout. huh!! good thought! the heart rate is the workout. hmmm. I will try that tomorrow night.

this conversion from open water to pool swimming is complex. The pools is sooo easy to swim in, but all the mechanics of rythm are difficult.

Thank you for the comment,,, truly.
FF

wow! I learned alot here between yesterday and today.

Rode 5.7 miles to gym,(p.s. dropped my tire pressure a few pounds to make the ride heavier) ran 1/2 mile at 8 min. 1 mile at 6.5, and 1/2 mile at 6 flat, total of two miles, walked a quarter cool down, lifted on shoulders and traps, swam 2 miles, rode bike home 5.7 miles. i am totally gassed out.
ate fish, scallops, brok, and potatoes, and threw in a 10 gram protein bar during my ride home.

anyhow,, I was hitting my toes and stuff in the pool because of flip turning too far away from the wall. i also learned to swim with my crown and forehead out of the water and i cut the surface better. Also,, the longer streamline does make the cardio portion of the workout much better.

Dang! i am just amazed at how the lil things matter so much.

Glad i am willing to try. i am also considering making my first Triathlon the olympic length verses the sprint. I can do the sprint tomorrow. Olympic is a stretch.

Crown and forehead out of the water? So you're actually looking up at the wall the whole time? If so, this will not help your hydrodynamics. The water should cut at the top of your head, where you would effectively be looking straight down at the floor. This, of course, is all assuming that you are swimming freestyle. If you're swimming backstroke, then you've got it right!

well technically it is just my scalp that is out of the water... I was looking straight down with my head below the surface nearly completely. Another swimmer was there last night and recommended I pick my head up a bit, and I could feel some drage relieved immediately. It is my description that sucks.

FF, considering what your doing BRO, you have more than enough gas to fill the pool and then some............GO BRO!

Crown and forehead out of the water? So you're actually looking up at the wall the whole time? If so, this will not help your hydrodynamics. The water should cut at the top of your head, where you would effectively be looking straight down at the floor. This, of course, is all assuming that you are swimming freestyle. If you're swimming backstroke, then you've got it right!

Agreed, actually I think the best, most effective head position is the water line to be just above your hair line above your forehead. You should always be looking about 1-2 feet out in front of you, NEVER at the wall. Do you hold your breath between breaths or even hold your breath until the last second when you turn your head to breathe? Do you have flags at the pool you swim at? Try to hold your streamline out of the flip to them if you do (tight streamline, not wimpy 'superman' pose). What is it in the pool that is the most difficult for you to get used to from open water?

Oh PS I've no doubt you could do the Olympic but be sure you're doing enough "bricks" to be ready for that. Its tougher than it sounds, truly but you seem to be in awesome shape. I'm doing a sprint this weekend. I'm sooooo tempted to do the olympic but i need some redemption (ie ego salve) from my last race. hahaha. I'll do another olympic in Sept. Good luck!

well all of my problem are in the turn around and come back. the pool is Olympic Junior. We do not have flags for asthetic reasons- but we have lights under the water. We also have the lanes and T's and such.

So, I am picking up a lil puddle of water in my sinus

I am struggling with my final breath prior to the flip

I am struggling with the flip, and the flip over, or twist part too.

there are few good swimmers at this place, and this one lady is a snob type, but she helped me a bit, and told me to blow out during the flip. it helped.

It is taking me half the length to get my breath back under control.

I want the put your face in the water and swim "CHI"

Back