buring fat off our abs

R

retired_blahhh

I'm not reallly sure if this is the right place to post this, but i'm not sure were eles too ask. But anyways... i'm 14 years old, i'm fit and really skinny, and i'd like too get some muscle. I'm working on other workouts and so forth, but i've had some trouble with my abs. I already have a rock hard stomach, but about a half inch of fat covering it, i've read that just doing crunches or various ab exorcises will NOT burn the fat off. and that your supposed too diet and workout. the thing is i dont really need too lose weight. i'm reallly skinny... about 5'10" and 120 pounds. you can kinda see my ribs. so i'm wondering if theres a way too burn fat off my abs without losing way too much weight, and looking sickly skinny.

since your so young @ 14, i wouldn't suggest that you start a cutting diet, as you may stunt your growth. You may grow even taller at 14 years old. IMO

so you should really begin bulking, and of course with the added muscle mass, you will be burning fat like nothing. as 1 lb of lean muscle mass burns 50 calories and 3500 calories = 1 lb of fat.

If you have time, visit this site
figure out what your daily caloric needs are to sustain your current weight, to bulk, would be adding 300-500 calories to the total. Cutting would be subtracting 200-400 calories.

IMO, its not wise to cut at your age. because you may STUNT your growth. go the other path, build muscle, then start cutting. In the end, you will be happy because muscle burns ^^ if you gained 10 lbs of muscle mass, you will be burning an extra 500 calories a day.

---
getting the abdominal definition is one, it deals with your body fat % , getting it around 10 % and below. and of course you have to eat right to do get the abdominal definition. + you need to do abdominal workout to get the muscles to show :) that is where your bulking comes in. You bulk, you build muscle. Look around the forum for full body routines, where you work out your whole body, not just your abdominals.

I'd recommend you put on some muscle because you're already sickly skinny.

5'10" at 120lbs?! I was 5'8" 132 when I left high school 24 years ago and I was skinny.

Read this:

All the information is free, no need to buy anything. However, if you have the money, I'd recommend you buy "New Rules of Lifting" because it's more than a lifting program, it's a plan, laid out, with information as to the what's and why's.

okay thanks. too be honest, i've never been on a diet, i've been skinny my whole life. once i started hiting puberty i started eating a lot more and i gainded weight but not much. i have a really high metablism. i read on a site, that at about 20 minutes of working out the body starts using fat instead of food in your stomach

okay, well yeah, i am 'sickly skinny" but i'm not unhealthy i eat good and i eat a lot but i dont gain weight, its not my fault :p but this is so confusing with figuring out my body fat my calories ya da ya da. I just came on this website too firgure out a good way to burn fat off my stomach and maybe gain some muscle. Well i measered my bycept and my wrist, and i came out with bycept = 10 inches :p wrist = 6 inches (try finding a watch that fits that) so idk how too make my wrists have muscle or get bigger, and idk what too do about my arms in general. i dont really have a good weight set, i actally have a small bar and some weights, so i can only do one arm at a time. i dont want something complacted, would doing pushups everynight slove my problem? or are there specific workouts that will do the trick. I guess i'll focus on building musscle before i burn fat off my stomach.

If you have trouble putting on mass, you may want to pick up the book:

"Scrawny to Brawny"

It's made for hardgainers.

Back