Yoga Or Exercise Which one is Best

I think that the best kind of exercise is whatever you will do and keep doing...

Especially when people think in terms of quick weight loss they seem to be thinking about losing weight as quickly as possible so that they can return to business as usual as soon as possible. That isnt really the best approach as a lot of people regain all their lost weight that way...

The healthiest kind of weight loss tends to be achieved comparatively slowly - but done by making changes which you keep up after you get to goal.

I am not the best person to speak about comparative value of different kinds of exercise... All exercise has its benefits... Cardio (things that get your heart pumping like running and jumping) certainly burns calories as you move the weight of your body about... Things like weight training has its benefits because you burn more calories if you have bigger muscles - so building bigger muscles can make you burn more calories through the day...

As far as yoga goes - you do not move about much so it isnt cardio...
Some of the moves will improve your muscle tone - so this would seem to be the bigger benefit...
I would imagine that there would be more effective exercises that people could do for their muscle tone...

I would imagine that people could get other benefits from yoga that people found useful.

Lots of people eat food because of things like stress... if the yoga helped them to deal differently with their stresses they may be able to control their food better.
Sleep patterns can influence lots of aspects of our health (including weight control) - and I could see how yoga could help people with that too...

Both are good, like omega said - the one you do is best. If you don't do it or don't like it it isn't much good. Depending on the type of yoga can can get a good workout. What types of exercises do you like? If you like yoga, there are some similar exercises that you could do to get more benefits like Zumba, Aqua yoga, belly dancing, etc.

Yes the best exercise is that which you do with consistency.
Both of these exercises are good but these should be done properly. Yoga is more effective for the body balance, flexibility, and . It helps a lot to deal with the different mental disturbances specially depression, stress, and anxiety.

Yoga or exerciess

I think both are equally need to lose weight.
exercises will help you to burn your calories more than yoga but along with exercess yoga is must.
A 150-pound person will burn 150 calories in an hour of doing regular yoga, compared to 311 calories for an hour of walking at 3 mph.

Yoga teaches flexibility and may be a good way to center yourself, it's a decent style of exercise, however you wont see results once your 1st lesson xD if something infect you'll be aching once the primary lesson.

Yoga is exercise, and done intesely you'll burn a lot of calories.

But to maximize your weight loss you may want to do something more intense. Zumba is a good place to start. And so is just running.

You can't lose weight without a proper diet, however. That should be your main focus.

A mixture of both, because the yoga after you've loosened up will give you the ability to push certain body parts/regions harder in most cases by continuing the same things.

I would do a mix of cardio and weight training (build muscle tone to burn fat) and then whatever time you have after that, spend on yoga.

Both are good and equally important. You need to do it with proper dedication and consistency whether you are doing yoga or exercise. Yoga, more than exercise is a art of being.

Both are considered exercise, but if you are looking for quick weight loss I suggest you mix weight lifting with cardio. That will burn the most calories. Although it is possible to burn a lot with yoga too! But lifting weights should be number 1.

By nature, I am not a comparer. Everything has its plus and minuses. Except for Yoga which has all plussess. Yoga is efficient, its another way of cardio. You can do it anywhere, and it causes no injury, which can be caused while doing gym. It helps in Weightloss, but that won't be quicker.

Yoga is exercise. Just as someone else said. It's just another form of exercise. Which one burns more calories than the other is totally dependent on time spent doing it and the type of movements involved that have an affect on your heart rate.

I have lost weight but have not consistently worked in an exercise plan. I feel great after yoga and great after exercise. I think mixing both yoga and exercise is a great combo as yoga really helps with your flexibility as well as feeling more balanced within yourself. I have also decided to do some muscle strength and toning and was told kettlebell workouts were effective and fun. I found some great deals so posted here. Hope it helps .. I will keep you posted on my progress. I thought you could get same effect from small dumbells/weights but told I will like the kettlebells better... We'll see :)

I personally did powerlifting while losing weight. Powerlifting revolves around 3 major compound exercises: Squat, Deadlift, and bench press. The reason they're so effective for weight loss is because it they are compound movements. This means that they work more than one muscle at a time. More muscles worked = more calories burned. This article explains all about it :
[Link Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Yoga or exercise is Good for Quick weight loss.

Both are good for health,see yoga and some physical activity is not only for weight loss..it should keeps your mind fresh,to get rid off stress,anxiety,panic attack etc..you better to do both for half an hour everyday.

It is quite difficult to testify or assign pros and cons to both forms of exercises so easily. Yoga Vs Gym because both are aimed for some different purposes and designed by well thought and analysis.

Back