X2 Performance Energy Shot...Any good? Please help!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I'm just getting back into shape, and I wanted to purchase some sort of energy shot. Because most of them are unhealthy, I am hesitant. I came across this product online, and I was wondering if anybody else has tried it and can let me know what their experiences are with it before I make a purchase. It sounds and looks good, but I would like a second or third opinion. Thanks to all who reply!

p.s. here is their website

If your serious about getting back in shape then don't even consider taking ANY energy drink. EAT your energy, for without the proper nutrition you will never reach your targets. There is NO energy drink out there that can replace a proper pre exercise/match/practice session feeding. Spend your money on known and repeatedly proven quality energy foods.
False and bogus claims abound in the fitness and weight loss industry concerning supplements and energy drinks... eg you really think that a shot of vit b from a 5 hour energy drink that contains only 10 calories or less will ACTUALLY keep you going for 5 hours?... when lets say that an average person burns around 80 calories an hour doing almost nothing.

THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT COMMERCIAL ENERGY DRINKS PERIOD.

*Disclaimer* I work for X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE[SUP]®[/SUP]

First off thank you adcnyc for your interest in X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE[SUP]®[/SUP]. Our product would be an excellent step for getting back into shape.

Kiwiinmn brings up some excellent points that should be covered before you start taking X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE[SUP]®[/SUP]. Nothing will ever take the place of healthy, well timed meals. X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE[SUP]®[/SUP] is not meant to replace a good meal, rather supplement a healthy diet to help you maximize each workout.

Most energy drinks contain excessive levels of caffeine and vitamins, providing you with stimulants, which can create a false sense of energy. However, X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE[SUP]®[/SUP] utilizes an advanced cellular formula that works with your body to increase the generation and regeneration of real energy, ATP. If you are not familiar with ATP, it is simply the energy “currency” of the body. By powering all of the biological process and mechanisms, the increased levels of ATP will increase energy, enhance endurance and improve recovery.

If you have any more questions feel free to email me at cj.schaub@x2performance.com

Adenosine Tri-Phoshate or ATP is stored in the cells. When it releases it's energy by losing a phosphate and becomes Adenosine Di-Phoshate or ADP this energy is used by the body.

The reaction that generates the energy required to replenish this energy and convert ADP back to ATP ready for re-use is known in simple biology as respiration C6H12O6 + 6 O2 -Respiration-> 6 H2O + 6 CO2 + energy. For those not as sad as me C6H12O6 is known as glucose, every form of food that provides energy gets broken down to this be it fat, protein that has been converted to body tissue or lipoprotein or any of the carbohydrates.

As such any type of energy giving food will power ATP in the cells, from fructose (molecularly identical to glucose) rich fruit to a blob of lard.

Please appreciate I am doing this from memory of stuff I haven't read up on in 'a few' years so there is definitely margin for error. But considering what I have said I am intrigued as to what X2 is providing that makes it special.

For the most part you hit all the important facts about ATP regeneration. The molecule is recovered via aerobic respiration, oxidative phosphorylation, glycolysis, etc.. and is imperative for athletic performance. To get a basic understanding of how and why X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE[SUP]®[/SUP] aids in these processes please visit our science and composition page at the link below.

If you have any other questions please feel free to post back.

I am likely over-simplifying the science page but with the exception of a patent pending product and ATP fused with salt this appears to be a very dilute sugar and varied salt solution with caffeine.
I used to mix up an isotonic mix of glucose and salt in water. This was obviously very weak as you will appreciate it has to be. Just wondering what your product would do that this didn't in long term endurance events. After all short burst events are far more reliant on nutrients in the body already.
Natural paranoia of a person who has been paid to make figure look good when needed to provide profits.
Thank you for coming back to this by the way and being totally upfront about working there. Far more honest and respectful than the spambots this site as with many get plagued with.

CrazyOldMan I am grateful for your appreciation. I am only here to inform and answer questions about X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE. And I agree a lot of forums are filled with people pushing products with very little science behind them.
In terms of X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE, it is not meant as a calorie replacement supplement. The product is meant to increase the efficiency of ATP turnover fueled by calories from a well-balanced diet. The key is the advanced cellular formula which is the true energy driver of the product.
For instance, ATP DiSodium is a potent vasodilator allowing for an increase in blood flow and therefore more nutrients to working muscles. Ribose is able to restore and increase TAN levels (total adenine nucleotide) which are diminished during intense training sessions. Coenzyme Q10 is imperative in the electron transport chain where a majority of ATP is made from the electron donors NADH and FADH[SUB]2[/SUB]. It also functions as a strong antioxidant to remove free radicals from the body. Pinitol is a naturally occurring inositol that acts similar to insulin by activating the GLUT4 protein which shuttles glucose into cells. Caffeine is in the product because it has been proven to increase mental focus, decrease the perceived level of exertion and is a fatty acid mobilizer. The Glucose helps to replace some of the calories burned while the ions prevent cramping and are imperative in numerous biological reactions.
This is just a brief summary of a few benefits of X[SUP]2[/SUP]PERFORMANCE, and all this information is backed by research papers that can be found on our website at .

P.S. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Thanks for that. Gives a bit of an idea what is supposed to be different about the product.
I have seen a lot of claims made by various products, most I have been able to dismiss easily with knowledge I have. This is now a few years out of date so I will hand over to others to assess how much difference that will make or give accounts of how they felt for using this.

Back