Wrong in my life style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prishaan

Hi all,
Nice to meet you all.
English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
I am trying to lose weight more than three months.I kept my diet in less than 12oo cal per day. I am starting exercise for 25 -30 minutes(kettlebell swing) a day ( I have asthma thats way i can not do more than hours).But strangely I have not even lost a half of pound from my weight in three months! It has happend before with me..in any kind of diet could not work for me.
I am now 13 stones..if I stop dieting I will gaining weight quickly. what I understand that I should lose weight when I am on diet and exercising ..isn't it ? but how hard i tried it is not happening with me..when I tried and failed every time then I lost my motivation very badly..
it would be highly appreciate if anyone give me advice on my diet and exercising .pls help me out what actually I am doing wrong in my life style.
thank you so much for you time and help
Prishaan
my BMI is: 35.5

my BMR is: 5699 kJ / 1362 calories

my TDEE is: 8833 kJ / 2111 calories

Hi Prishaan!

Don't worry about your English, it's fine and making mistakes is necessary if you want to practice it! :)

Wow, you persevered 3 months without seeing any results. I respect that a lot! That requires a lot of dedication and willpower, which will help you achieve your goals.

That said, let's figure out why you have not lost weight. From what you describe, I cannot point to the precise cause, but I am 100% sure that you miscalculated your daily calorie intake and possibly also your daily calorie burn. I don't mean this as a critique, I just base this on the laws of physics.

Myself, I don't really count calories, at least not precisely. My method of losing weight, one that works very well for me (but might now work for you, feel free to decide) is to change my lifestyle step-by-step, each step going in the direction of a healthier lifestyle. When I take a step, for example cutting out chips out of my diet, or stopping to drink alcohol regularly, I try to stick with it. I take a few weeks to get used to it, and when I feel like it is part of my routine I take the next step. The effects from all of these steps add up, to the point that I start losing weight (and also improve other aspects of my health). My average rate of weight loss is around 0.7 kg per week.

One of my secrets is that I don't only do this on willpower and discipline, which are definitely part of the equation, but I also try to make changes that I actually (learn to) like and appreciate. For example, I mentioned that I cut out chips, but I also replaced it with some things. Now I often eat avocados, and sometimes nuts, both healthier snacks than chips. I chose these snacks not only because they are healthy, but also because I love their taste, and this makes it sustainable for me.

I hope that there is something useful for you in my post. I wish you the best of luck, keep me posted! :)

Cheers,

Tri

Dear Tri,
It's really great to hear from you, thank you so much. I am reading your letter again and again and found it very helpful. sometime you need someone to talk and find it out what is right or wrong. I liked your style . 1)to get motivated in a healthy way 2) cut down all bad habits 3) replace eating with good nutrients.yes I am eating lots of veg and lean meats.no carb. no to all kinds of drinks only water and green tea.
thanks again your kind helpful advice.I will keep you posted on any new updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back