workout volume

how many sets per body part do you guys recommend in a given workout? i currently do 8, but i dont know if thats enough for maximum gains...i tried doing 14 per workout, and ended up with tendonitis...ive been working out for a while, so i've got sufficeint experience...for what its worth, im 5'11, 190-195lb, 12-14% body fat...

any recommendations would be much appriciated.

i do 4

I do 3/4 depending on how I feel that day and the exercise. For most do 3, for things like arm rows, Calf Raises etc do 4 sets.

It depends on how many body parts you are working in a session, how many times per week you work each body part, how hard you work each set, etc. Generally, no workout session should last more than 40-60 minutes, so as many sets as you can do in that time is a good place to start. If each set takes 1 minute and you rest one minute between sets then around 20 total sets could be done in 40 minutes. If you are really pushing each set to near failure you may need to extend the rest time to 2-3 minutes, then you could only do 12-15 total sets in 60 minutes.

same here .. i do 3 or 4 depending on how I feel and the amount of weight that i'm pushing

Back