Working it out with the wife

Glad to hear the good job news Greg.

You better be riding that bike fool. :D

Have you tried running? I used to be big on the bike, but running is so much more fun for me, I've realized. It really helps me get/stay focused, too. And also - lose weight. Just a thought.

I've been at my folks in Tulsa since Wednesday. I helped them fix their privacy fence that had 4 posts that had rotted out. I set new posts one day then connected the fence the next day as well as replaced some rotted pickets. It was pretty hard, hot work but I love doing that kind of stuff and they appreciate it.

U got that right FOCUS. I've switched back to the mountain bike for now. The more upright position seems to hit my glutes more. I need to get in contact with Lester so we can do some offroad stuff. I'm actually thinking of doing some bike/run stuff just to change it up a little. Maybe start off with a 1 mile walk/run then 5-10 miles of the bike. I've never done anything like that before so it ought to be fun. I just bought some Merrell, off-road running shoes yesterday. Very sturdy and comfortable. Maybe I'll sneak in a run and see how they feel.

Anyway, another job update. I spoke with the same lady at the VA Friday. She said everything is approved and ready to go. The guy who makes the job offers should be calling me to make the official offer, set up the drug test/physical etc. So, I expect I'll be working a week from Monday. I'm gonna take the next week off, no side jobs, and work my butt off. I can train as hard as I want and still have plenty of time to rest. COOL!

After an entire week off work I finally feel recuperated. Maybe I needed this break more than I thought.

I'm going for a bike ride tonight, probably the mountain bike. Somewhere around the 7-10 mile range.

I've got my physical scheduled for the VA on Thursday at 8am. I've been in better shape but doubt I'll have any trouble passing it. Once that is done, I've got to wait until at least July, maybe even August to start. Let's hope unemployment kicks in, lol.

That's it for now. Talk to you all after the ride tonight. Greg

Just in from my ride. I rode right about 7 miles on my mtn. bike. It was a nice ride. The weather was not too hot and there wasn't near the wind there has been here lately. I feel really good and will sleep well tonight.

I accomplished something I haven't in a long, long while. I cooked (smoked) some ribs and a brisket today. In the past I have always associated firing up the smoker with drinking beer. Smoking is an all day process and usually is the beer drinking that I usually associate with it. Today I WENT DRY!!! I'm going through the process of doing certain things without drinking (laying out, cooking out etc) that I normally feel I have to drink while doing. It's not really hard, it's just a re-learning. Does that make sense. Anyway, chalk 1 up for me. I WON TODAY!

If I had the self control to stop at 2 or 3 I wouldn't have a problem with it. But, 2-3 usually turns into 8 or 9 throughout the day and that's just too much. I'm not an out of control alcoholic I just see myself drinking for no other reason than the fact that I'm doing such and such activity and that's just plain ignorant. Anyway, always something to change. We'll see how it goes.

Layed out by the pool for about an hour. Ah, the life of an unemployed guru.

Pulled out the road bike tonight. Road 10.4 miles in around 38 minutes with an avg. speed of 16 MPH. Had a bit of a head wind on the way out and very little or no wind on the way back in.

I've got my physical for the VA job tomorrow. I don't guess it will really be much of a physical. Likely blood pressure, pulse, drug test, lift X amount of weight etc.

I'm really trying to get a start date of July 1st. If they decide I am eligible for unemployment, I'll get a whopping 392 dollars/week, about 1/3 of what I usually make. Thank goodness for the vacation time i've got coming or I would be in TROUBLE!!!

Take care all. Unemployment is starting to be enjoyable. Plenty of time for chores, sunning by the pool, exercising etc. I just wish it paid more, hehehe.

Nice work man, theres nothing like just chilling out. Im keen to make my money and be retired by 40!

Back