working in america

hey all,

seems alot of you are in america?....

I'm in Ireland, currently training as gym instructor/personal trainer...wondered what the story is with work over there? much goin on? Anyone know of any gyms would be interested in sponsoring me to work over there for a year or so...education is really crap here and wanna learn all I can...would love to get into training with the big guys...bodybuilders...that kinda thing...any info? anyone got any nfo on good distance learning courses or anything? thanks guys...great forum by the way! you should see the irish version of this site!....PATHETIC!

P.S i'm a female and here i'm looked at strange cos i more interested in the weights and stuff than step'n'tone crap...
thats why i wanna learn from american places!

For foreigners to work in America, needs work permit. As far as I know, you need to get a sponsorship for that. Foreigners are considered for jobs where there are fewer American in that field or they need foreigners to bring expertise in that field. One such field is Software, I would not have idea about the fitness field.

You may try to get to America as a student- this does not need sponsorship but needs you to take some exams. Take your GRE or GMAT and TOEFL or whatever.. I don;t know all of them, get admitted in an university and take it up from there.

Hope this helps...

yeah daisy i know all that ...thanks anyway..thats why i was asking bout gyms sponsoring etc...
was wondering had anyone done this before and if they knew of gyms willing to sponsor....and organise more education as here is fairly basic and want to advance more.

not going into university fulltime there as how am i sposed to pay for it...

i also know bout the different fields etc that are needed and permitted to work there but unfortunatley it don't apply unless you have masters degrees etc's....

thanx anyway though.

Back