Womens Health Magazine - Are you Game

That actually sounds like it could be a lot of fun

the past two years men's health has done the Urbanathlon - last year was the first year it was done in Chicago- and it looked like a hard work but a lot of fun for the participants.

This seems to be the "girl" version of it -even though there were a lot of female competitors in the men's health event

Damn, that sounds like fun. From the photos (just looked at the men's site so far) it looks like all these young in shape guys. I'm thinking that there's no room for an old fat guy like me, but then I saw some of the events. 52 flights of stairs. I can do that now. 8.1 miles, well, I'm almost up to that. Obstacles, why not. It sounds like fun. For the guys, at least, it isn't till September.

Ihad a journal entry last year about someone I saw while watching the chicago event.. three was a woman, double amputee with prosthetics.. and running attached to a leash like thing with a seeing eye person as she was blind.. Competing... it's not all fit young men... it's people out there doing it because they choose to.. (and I hate beyond hate the word inspiring -but watching this woman running for the pure enjoyment of it... put a lot of things into perspective.. she was just a little inspring ;)

Do it.... :D

I think you are selling yourself short.

she was just a little inspring ;)

Oh, and I thought JUST was a dirty word for you :D

Back