Whisper's Diary

Hi, Tom. I was thinking more of your parents. The US social "security" & health insurance system is weird. Like you, I am going to have to try something different to get my weight moving back down. It is very frustrating :svengo:

Wow such a migraine yesterday. They run in the family. Usually, I get the auras and vision disturbances, but not always the headache or at least bad enough that I could tell. I usually only take something like Advil or Tylenol about once every six months so I don't get a lot of headaches that are bothersome anyway.

Yesterday, was different. After the vision problems (which lasted longer than usual), I got the headache. I was off balance and generally really miserable. I took 3 extra strength Tylenol over the course of the day. That is a lot for me. Eventually, last night my headache got better. My sinuses started draining and then my ear and jaw hurt all night long. The pain from my ear radiates down into my teeth. This kind of situation happens about once every 6 months. I didn't sleep much last night.

The allergy scale goes from 1 to 12. Yesterday, was 11 something. We just had a weather change yesterday also. I don't do well with those, this time of year anyway. This time of year is when I get the sickest. It's supposed to be cooler though so that is a plus. I can't wait for the first freeze, then the allergy stuff tapers off a tad. One of the main culprits is ragweed.

About all I can do is sit here and hang my head. I don't feel like doing anything else. Lying down makes my ear hurt worse. I have lots of fluid on my ears. I had surgery a long time back to correct a broken nose. My left side doesn't drain as well as my right side so therein is the problem. I've already started the feel good / healing stuff but it will take a couple of days for the pain to taper off (hmmmm...taper must be my word for the day. I don't remember every using it before). This stuff usually comes on overnight so there isn't any warning. The day before I didn't feel this way.

Exercise didn't happen yesterday and may not for a couple of days. Lots of rest, relaxation, and water is on the agenda.

Oof, all of that sucks! Especially when you can't even lie down to sleep it off...

Worse case if I feel off balance today, I will take a meclizine and that will knock me on my keister and I will sleep tonight regardless lol. It has an antihistamine effect on me.

I'm feeling some better this morning. After some Advil and ear drops, I finally got to sleep some last night. I'm gong to do the same routine today and see if I feel much better tomorrow.

Week 21 Update:

Start Weight: 268.8

Last Week - 245.6
This Week - 246.6

Lost this week: +1.0 lbs
Total Lost: -22.2 lbs

Achievements This Week:

Exercise:
Additional - yard work and walking Total Minutes: didn't track

Up another pound. I'm up +2.5 pounds from my lowest so far. I really didn't try anything this week. I wasn't deliberately trying to gain weight, but I didn't do anything about it either.

After being sick most of the week, I do feel quite a bit better.

Let's see how this week goes.

Last edited:
I hope most of that weight gain is water, too. Wouldn´t surprise me given how crappy you´ve been feeling.

I'm not worried it. I feel bloated. I was back down a pound this morning. I think it does this up and down stuff just to troll me. Today is going to be around 100F before the big cool off tomorrow (80F). I'm going to try and get out and do a little walking. With these temperatures I'm sure I will sweat a wee bit lol. :)

Week 22 Update:

Last Week - 246.6
This Week - 247.7

Lost this week: +1.1 lbs
Total Lost: -21.1 lbs

Achievements This Week:

Exercise:
Additional - yard work and walking Total Minutes: didn't track

Up another pound. See it's quite easy to gain weight and I could gain even more if I wanted to. Up 3.6 pounds from lowest so far.

Now that I've went the other way for a couple of weeks, I need to see if I can gather the will power to clamp back down and see if I can finally start losing again.

We'll see. This is a lot of experimenting. Well, more like a nightmare. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Week 23 & 24 Update:

Last Week - 247.7
This Week - 248.9

Lost this week: +1.2 lbs
Total Lost: -19.9 lbs

it's so easy to gain weight without any issues. I don't know why I can't lose weight without issues. It's all so stupid.

Dear diary....lol. I am so depressed. I feel like I am close to rock bottom, but in this game there isn't one. I am up 6 lbs which in the grand scheme of things is okay. I'm still down 18.8 pounds. This is a hard time of the year allergy wise so I feel like crap constantly. My dad isn't doing very well. He is 86.

It's funny how weightloss is like life. You can gain really easy, but losing is so much harder. Bad things happen so easy, but good things hardly ever do.

I'm working on climbing back up. It could take a while. Just got to take it from day to day.

Hey Tom, I hope you are at the bottom and headed up from here. I know how you feel, I am not happy about my weight gains, just trying to focus on doing the right thing day by day now, like you. Easier said than done... I know.
I'm working on climbing back up. It could take a while.
It doesn't really, you can do it today! I am trying as well.
You can gain really easy, but losing is so much harder
Yep, just not fair, but its life. Dealing with it one day at a time is all we can do.
I am up 6 lbs which in the grand scheme of things is okay. I'm still down 18.8 pounds.
Yep, remember that! You will be fine.

Hope your father feels better soon. What's ailing him?

:grouphug: I´m sorry things suck right now.

Back