Whisper's Diary

Well I panicked this morning. I really hate that. I am hate going to doctors and I called to get a prescription renewed (very long story) and it was, but just the thought of it drove me into a panic. I've always been terrified of having my blood pressure taken, which of course makes it worse. I really don't care about anything else, it's just that. If I can just relax. I've been this way since I was a kid.

The one thing that would help if it were high is to lose weight, which I am trying but not being very successful at. I'm down a whopping 10 lbs, which they say even benefits blood pressure. If makes me anxious even typing the words "blood pressure".

I did the refill online even. Didn't have to talk to anyone this time. But I was so stressed out, even though I'm sicker than a dog still, that I went for a walk to ease the stress.

There's just so much going on. Today, we have an enhanced risk of severe storms. A little bit more of a chance than normal. I'm still fairly sick but better. My headache is better. My sinuses are slightly better. I'm really congested. I'm taking meds for it. I had a pretty bad optical migraine this morning. But, honestly compared to how I've been feeling, I do feel better.

No word on the father front. I've given up and moving on.

We won some more money so I'm kinda proud of the fact that not only have I had a little money coming in, that I've provided my sister with a little bit also. It doesn't help all of the major things, but gives us a little hope.

My sister has been following my weight loss advice and she went from 270's down to 220's now. I'm doing the same thing, but not going anywhere fast. I am older by 6 years and more decrepit so there is that.

Today, starts Camp Nanowrimo where I attempt to write a novel or at least work on one. I'm going to revisit my cyberpunk novel which I never seem to complete. But at least I know why I am writing it. I've always written about sons and fathers where the father is mainly absent and things don't go well for the son. I have several of these types of novels that I'd like to complete. But lately, I'm like even if the boy is in this bad predicament, what if someone came along and helped him to where everything works out in the end. That's what I'm working on. So at least, I know why I'm writing this kind of material because it is my subconscious working out my own life. It's like I knew my dad wasn't my father all along. But, I didn't know. I just felt it.

anyway, I'm going to work on writing, try to get my sinuses and cough better and headache and congestion, blah blah. I'm trying a variety of things like halls cough drops, vicks vaporub, flonase, tylenol, zinc lozenges, saline solution, gargling with warm salt water, getting rest went I can get it and trying to drink more water.

And the lady my sister works with went to the doctor and it is a viral thing so he sent her home with nothing lol. She wanted antibiotics which they aren't supposed to work on viral infections. he told her to ride it out. So that's what we are doing also. I just hate the gift that keeps giving. This is like the 3rd or 4th time that I've got sick from my sister bringing stuff home from work.

The stories I wrote when I was younger always ended with the death of the main character. Just because that was the only happy ending I could imagine at the time. At some point my sister challenged me to come up with a live ending and it was so hard to make it feel both realistic and hopeful. It required so many changes throughout the whole storyline! But it was a excellent brain exercise and I think it helped me change my mindset irl.

The stories I wrote when I was younger always ended with the death of the main character. Just because that was the only happy ending I could imagine at the time. At some point my sister challenged me to come up with a live ending and it was so hard to make it feel both realistic and hopeful. It required so many changes throughout the whole storyline! But it was a excellent brain exercise and I think it helped me change my mindset irl.
yeah I think it will be a good exercise for me mentally because in both cases the boy gets friends that comes along beside him and helps him through the difficult part and in the end he gets what he wants. The thing I'm going to do different this time is try and enlist the help of AI. I have the entire storyline for both novels laid out and I know what i want to happen and I've done world building and so on, but getting the help to come up with chapter summaries would be a plus.

I love the idea of your book. You could re-write your life.
I just hate the gift that keeps giving. This is like the 3rd or 4th time that I've got sick from my sister bringing stuff home from work.
This did make me laugh, Tom but it sucks that you keep getting sick. I hope you have turned the corner.

I love the idea of your book. You could re-write your life.

This did make me laugh, Tom but it sucks that you keep getting sick. I hope you have turned the corner.
Yeah, humor is a survival technique lol. Gotta keep laughing and going.

Back