Where To Begin / All Info Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, on behalf of the community here at fitness.com, welcome to the forum. Whether you're here because you need help losing or gaining weight, you're ready to start a healthier life, or you have considerable knowledge in the field, we hope you're here to stay. There are many new and exciting things going on here! As a new member to the site, we invite you to visit our "getting started" links below.

**Please be specific in your titles. If you have a question about a workout routine or diet, it should be specific, a title like "Help!" will not get as much attention.**

The Search Tool should be like your best friend. You may get results you dont intend to, but thats ok, read through the findings. This is especially necessary if you are gonna post general posts in say The Members Lounge, find out if its not already there.

Muscle Building Meals
Here you will find many recipes that will help you when trying to figure out what to eat.

Confused about where to start, check here.

Weight Loss FAQ
Get answers to many weight loss questions here.

Weight Loss Intricate
This deals with the mental game of reaching your goals.

Fat Loss Troubleshooting
Not seeing the fat loss you want? Read here to find out the problem and eliminate it.

Bulky Muscles and Women
Women are you afraid of lifting heavy weight for fear of getting huge? Read here to find out why you SHOULD be lifting more then the guys.

How to Get Abs
Who doesn't want to see the washboard stomach. Read here to find out the myths and what you should be doing.

Body Building FAQ
Questions on what works and what doesn't in the Body Building world?

Weight Training 101
Weight training is for either gender and here is a quick guide to give you the basic principles to help you in getting started moving iron.

Technique Articles and Olympic Lifting
Articles that will help improve your lifts.

Supplements FAQ
Basic answers to questions on supplementing your diet.

Creatine and You
Please check here if you are considering taking creatine (or asking about it).

Member Reviews of Supplements
So many supplements to choose from, which ones are worth the money? Answers to what works and what doesn't.

Smart Supplementation
The five supplements that you should be taking!

Grocery List
Not sure which foods to buy, check out this grocery list. Print it and get to the supermarket.

High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
You've probably heard the buzz, but what exactly is it?

How to get your Body Fat %
Learn how to get a nice accurate body fat reading.

~~Not sure what all those abbreviations and acronyms stand for. This should get you started.

Abbreviations
• 1RM = One Repetition Maximum
• AS = Assisted
• BB = Barbell
• BOR= Bent Over Row
• BP = Bench Press
• BW = Body Weight
• CB = Cable
• CNS = central nervous system.
• CT = Circuit Training
• DB = Dumbbell
• DL = Deadlift
• DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
• ExRx = Exercise Prescription
• IBP = Incline Bench Press
• HIIT = High intensity interval training
• HST = Hypertrophy specific training
• LV = Lever
• OHP = Overhead Press
• MP = Military Press
• PR = Personal Record
• R = Resistance
• Rep = Repetition
• ROM = Range of Motion
• SQ = Squat

LV said:
Looking to post a question about your current routine or diet. It is asked that you provide as much info as possible. Here is some info to help all the new members out on what to include when posting diet/training questions. This will help insure that you get a detailed response instead of 5 posts of questions from people trying to get what is included below, out of you. This question has become all to familiar here on this site:

"Hi, I weigh xxx lbs and im looking to lose 30 lbs. Can anyone help me out?"

When posting diet/training questions, please try to include the following:

1. Goals: Eveyone should have a fitness goal when starting to workout. If you don't, you should make a long term one and a few short term ones to help keep you motivated. Be sure to include both in your post.

2. If diet: Make sure you include the time of day you eat your meals, what they consist of, and the macro breakdown of the foods.
If training: fullbody or split, muscle group split AND exercises, sets/reps

3. Your current level of fitness, experience, etc....

4. Your current stats. Age, sex, height, weight, bodyfat, etc...

Here is an example of a detailed post that will get great detailed answers on:

"Hello,

I have been training for about 5 years now with not much progress. Here are my stats:

27 years old
male
5'10
205 lbs
Bodyfat - unknown

I am looking to loose 25 lbs while keeping the lean muscle that I have. Here is my current diet. Please critique it and let me know if I should make any changes."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back