when husbands are oblivious to our suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovebutter

Hi! so I am a new mom too and I gained about 35 pounds, how? who knows! anyways now I am trying to loose all that extra weight, but like many I have so much trouble getting motivated. I think if I were to do it with somebody else it would be so much easier for me, so I asked my husband to exercise with me but he refuses and instead eats like a pig in front of me, not healthy stuff that I could eat too but stuff like ice cram, cookie, chocolate, shakes etc. any fattening thing that you can think of he eats. :cuss: anyways I just needed to let it out... oh and the funny thing is I ran across this the other day http://www.typobounty.com/Funny/Women_Weight_Loss.htm, it made me feel a little better.

You know I think us non-moms go through this too. I know my housemate eats like crap and has a habit of bringing home bags of chips (which are my weakness). And when I have a bad day, his first instinct is to offer to treat me to dinner or buy me a shake from Steak N Shake. :)

The hardest thing for me was to remember that I'm doing this for ME ... it doesn't matter if he or my guy wants to eat like shit and sit around watching TV 22 out of 24 hours (it seems like anyway! :) ). I am eating healthy for me and for no one else.

And now sometimes I exercise in spite of him, rather than hoping he'll go with me. ;)

so true

I am right there with you. He brings all of the bad in the house, and then I find myself eating it right there with him!!! I dont want to inhibit him, but when I have all the sugar at my disposal I cant help it. He says he doesnt mind how I look and that ill "get my old figure back eventually", but i dont like it and i wont get it back "eventually" if he keeps bringing the bad stuff in!!!

The most important thing to remember that your Husband isn't the one losing weight and getting healthy for [you], YOU are doing this for YOU :)

You have to tell yourself that and just be strong. Once you get the determination and motivation to do this for [you] then him eating that junk "in front of you" won't even phase you anymore and if it is still bothering you then just leave the room.

The bottom line is, is you can't expect other people to change their lifestyles because you want to change yours. Everyone has to [want] to do it. Trust me... I know, and it is hard but if it's something you want then you will look past the goodies and snacks that he is eating and look to what you are trying to achieve.

I gained 80lbs when I was pregnant with my son and since April of 2008 I have lost 93lbs. I did it on my own. My BF continued to eat what he always eats and never really wanted to exercise with me.... Oh well. Im doing this for me and that's all that matters.

My husband is about 150 soaking wet. He eats anything he wants and washes it all down with pepsi. I keep the house stocked with healthly stuff for me and unhealthy stuff for him, but it seems like I have to keep my willpower in check everyday. I have eliminated the word 'fat' from my vocabulary, so my husband suggested the word 'cuddly'. I figure that is his way of supporting me.

Last edited:
I was lucky that tim was supportive to me, but I get what you're saying about not being much help when it comes to eating in front of you! I found it really hard to stop eating after and trying to get motivated when you havn't been getting any sleep seems impossible. But it can be done so just stay strong and keep at it! And like another poster said you're doing this for YOU so don't forget that :) x

The most important thing to remember that your Husband isn't the one losing weight and getting healthy for [you], YOU are doing this for YOU :)

You have to tell yourself that and just be strong. Once you get the determination and motivation to do this for [you] then him eating that junk "in front of you" won't even phase you anymore and if it is still bothering you then just leave the room.

The bottom line is, is you can't expect other people to change their lifestyles because you want to change yours. Everyone has to [want] to do it. Trust me... I know, and it is hard but if it's something you want then you will look past the goodies and snacks that he is eating and look to what you are trying to achieve.

I gained 80lbs when I was pregnant with my son and since April of 2008 I have lost 93lbs. I did it on my own. My BF continued to eat what he always eats and never really wanted to exercise with me.... Oh well. Im doing this for me and that's all that matters.

I totally agree with you. I have also gained more than 15 kg since my second child birth.

And my husband also never did any excercise or diet with me. :banghead: I had to do it on my own. anyways now I am totally strong to controll myself through some that kind of situations

^^^sounds like this book was written in 1950. So unrealistic in these times with women working just as hard as men out of the home and usually twice as hard as men in the home.

Ehh. I hear you. My husband is long and lean and eats whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He even has a jar of protien that is called "weight gainer"! He is supportive of me loosing weight but in the aspect of being my cheerleader not by getting healthy himself. I used to secretly hold a grudge about it but recently Ive realized that 1. these temptations are always going to be around somewhere. Whether it is in my house or at the food court in the mall, so I need to get used to saying NO! and the most important 2. This is for ME and not ANYONE else.

Cheers,
Gulianna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back