What is the idea behind body-mind?

I keep hearing about body-mind, and as i'm doing more research, about the body-mind connection. What is this idea about? If it's just the premise that there is a connection and direct correlation, isn't that kind of common sense?

Can you be more specifik?
I can tell you, that I really believe (even though it´s simple) - That you need to think and feel where you are going if you want to get there.
The more you are able to see your self with the next kind of body you want the more you will be able to get there - And get that body.
I did translate my body several times, and I used my mind alot to get to where I wanted.
Simple to write about - Difficult to practise.

I think that there is big relation between body and mind .coz if your mind is in fresh mood then your body automatically get fresh.

Most people feel their minds are in their heads, so when they concentrate on a body part, they concentrate from the head down. As a teacher of Tai-chi and Zookinesis exercise I find that few people, when they first start, have a real connection to each part of their bodies.

They move their bodies around as if the body were a manikin whose parts were being moved from the outside.

When you study Tai-chi, zookinesis or a similar training, you learn to "seat" your mind in each joint and muscle of the body. You feel that each part of the body is conscious, not just the head. So when you are practicing a Tai-chi form or the push hands exercise, each muscle and joint makes its own decision, in keeping with the actions of all the others. You feel like a community of consciousnesses.

In my books, "Movements of Magic" and "Movements of Power" I explain the training that leads to this state and in my novel, "The Doubting Snake" I try to give a feeling of how the Indians of Central America live in this state in their relationship to the jungle.

It is the natural state of human beings and allows you to be immune to stress and to be able have extremely fine motor coordination. It allows you to feel part of the world around you and not so isolated.

Body as the doer and mind as the thinker. Whatever comes in the mind, the body just follow. These two are inter-related to each other. No one could ever live satisfactorily just with body alone or mind alone. Could also check this for some related info.

Back