What About A Mini Trampoline

MrsSandraD

Does anyone out there have any experience with the mini trampoline?

Would it benefit me in my exercise or will it basically sit in the corner and collect dust?

My 18 month old might also enjoy it?

Input please, Thanks, Sandy

i've seen reviews on these elsewhere on the web - I just don't remember where... but for items like the Urban Rebounder - the infomercial product, the reviews were basically the product is good BUT if you are the least bit busty - then it's a painful workout - even with a sports bra it's painful...

I think any workout will work for you - as long as you use it consistently - find a store that has them on display and give 'em a test bounce

Sports Bra

LOL I'm laughing cause ever since I breastfed my son I really have NO WORRIES about any bouncing happening in that department.

By the time I'm tone like I want to be I'll be one of those toned and FLAT chested gals.

Would the trampoline be of benefit to an ab workout? Or is it just to get the blood flowing? I've never been on one.

The Urban Rebounding Workout has it's lineage in martial arts and core abdominal postures, resulting in a non-stop abdominal workout that melts away the fat and inches, strengthens your core and improves your balance and coordination like no other exercise

If you believe what the advertisement says - it gives a core workout - which is abs - i also think it's good cardio... i've seen mini trampolines in sporting goods that don't have the handlebars-- I think that would be a good feature to have

The name "Urban Rebounder" makes me giggle. Trying so hard to sound cool but just not quite making it.

Looks fun though!

If you REALLY bounce HARD, trampolines can give you a great workout. But, people just go through the motions too easy on them. Personally I think a good jump rope would provide more benefits and better results. I've been having great results with one.

Ok I have a mi i trampoline and they are fine I guess
for the fit but my brother N law is in his last year of
college and he's going to be a phys ed teacher and he
learned they are bad for people who are over weight do to
when you come down all that weight is killing your joints
and from my expeirence my knees hurt and I kept feeling
like if I don't watch the way I jump I will land wrong?
I don't like it but maybe for fitter people whom weigh less
it might be good.
I was 231 when I tried it lol "OH MY KNEES":D Tammy

with the urban rebounder they also mention that the idea is to press down and "rebound" up, not jump up and down..if that makes sense.

with the urban rebounder they also mention that the idea is to press down and "rebound" up, not jump up and down..if that makes sense.

That's how it works on all trampolines. The only way to really get the height is to compress the trampoline and let it shoot you back up.

There's more to a trampoline than jumping. When you are heavier, a mini-trapoline is good to stationary walk on. It's a bit like walking in very soft sand and you'll need to hold on to a chair for balance. It's not at all an easy workout but for 15 mins can really work up a sweat. And, yes, it doubles as a toy for the little ones.

Trampoline is a great exercise, I recently went on vacation where they had a great big one. I run everyday and am in good shape, and after 10 mins jumping on the trampoline I could feel it. I wish I could have a big one for my house but insurance won't allow for it.

I was thinking of buying a mini trampoline, but now i'm not so sure. I never thought about the impact on my joints... :(

Wal-mart has mini tramps for $20 or $25. Cheap enough to get even if you don't use it that much. I have seen them advertised for as much as $150. Wal-mart's doesn't have the balance bar though. FYI

Rebounders/Trampettes/Mini trampolines whatever you call them

Does anybody know how effective these are as a weightloss excercise? Thanks in advance.

Mini Trampolines

Anyone have any experience of using these for exercise? Are they a good work out or would one just be best sticking too treadmill, bike and rower?

Yes, a mini trampoline link removed is good for your 18 months old kid. It will keep him active while having fun. On the other side, you can also do some light exercise on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back