weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillysmith3466

Looking for advice. I am running every day doing at least 5k 5 times a week. For example I ran 40k last week. I am eating so clean but haven’t lost a single pound. I’m starting to want to give up, is there an explanation?

Hi Lilly and welcome. If you´ve started to run so much only recently it may be that your muscles are retaining water - which normally goes away again after 6 weeks or so if you don´t up the intensity - but if you´ve been doing this for a longer time it would be interesting to know how much you´re eating. Healthy food is amazing but if you get too much of it you´ll still maintain or gain weight. (At the same time: you could lose weight eating burgers and fries as long as you keep the calories low, but I wouldn´t recommend it.)

This is very simple. You are not losing weight due to the fact that you are not creating a caloric deficit. Your calories intake is higher than your calories burned. If you were doing a good deficit you would lose weight. Are you trying to count calories? It can help you a lot to realize what you are doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back