Weight loss while breastfeeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss-yvette

Hi everyone..I am the proud mum of a sweet little 5 month old boy. I used to weigh around 54 kg (pre preg) I gained another 16 kg during pregnancy. I am breastfeeing my son and have not been able to shed any weight... i have not gained any either, i seem to be stuck at around 70 Kgs. I used to walk for about an hour a day, but now i might only walk 2-3 times a week. Its not finding the motivation to excersise thats an issue for me, its finding the time to excersise. Between feeding, cleaning the house, and trying to start a business, im finding it hard to make time everyday. When i do have a little extra time im usually in need of a break!!

Im lucky because my partner tells me that im still just as beautiful and sexy which makes me feel a bit better, but then i think he's probably just saying it to make me feel better...anyway im dissapointed with my post pregnancy body but i tell myself that i should focus more on enjoying time with my baby because it wont last forever. I think its also important to remember that everyones body is different, don't compare yourself to other women. If you can (im going to) go for a good hours walk everyday..choose a time, say after a feed, pop bubba in the pram, throw some runners on and go!!!..On the days that i have gone out for a walk, i feel so much better afterwards. Also try to halve your fat and sugar content..1 sugar in your coffee instead of 2 etc...and increase your water intake by two glasess (don't over do it)Im going to start excersising daily, you should too..and remember, the most important thing is enjoying this precious intimate time with your beautifull baby xo

AI have read about two controversial opinions about weight loss while breastfeeding. The first one is that breastfeeding helps you to lose weight. The second one is that you would still keep some extra pounds while breastfeeding because of all the hormonal processes that are going on in your body due to lactation. I am a mom of one-year-old, and breastfeeding has worked to my advantage-I have lost my baby weight. I do believe that there were some other factors that came into play:) as for walking sometimes it's also so hard for me to motivate myself to go for a walk. Thinking that it's great for your baby immune system really helps. Also I usually find some reasons to go for a walk-for example to buy smth at the grocery. My moto is that even a small walk is better than no walk:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back