Weight Loss Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsxrgrizz

I am in the process of "reducing my footprint" and have a question.....

I'm 6'2" and had toned (not ripped) muscular legs and arms with a flat stomach likely from my 10 years in the military. Unfortunately, I ended up with some PTSD that I had to deal with and bottomed out at 340 lbs (all abdominal with some chest) by the time all was said and done. After my type 2 diagnosis, I knew there had to be a change. Today, while nowhere perfect, I am working out a little, eating better and am at 275.

My question is....how to you loose the girth starting just under your chest to your belly button? The lower part of my stomach is soft, flabby and melting however the harder "less fatty" part from the belly button up does not seem to change......what gives???

Any help, advice or encouragement is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Well done with your progress so far,

Unfortunately with fat loss, you cannot spot reduce, the first place your body gains fat will be the last to loose it. There is no special exercise that will make the fat loss come off your problem area it is just a case of needing consistent diet control and time.

Thanks for the reply....I'm not looking for a quick fix so much as confirmation that it will eventually disappear. It's not like the rest of the area as I can only literally pinch about an inch of skin there and it's solid but, as of right now, it's also the biggest part of my mid section!!!

Also, anyone have any motivating ideas on sticking with workouts??? I also work 48 hours shifts then have 4 days off before repeating....it's REALLY hard to keep motivated when all I want to do is fall asleep in front of the TV

3 kg per week is very fast, a normal healthy rate of loss is around 1 kg per week, slightly faster if you have a lot to loose and getting slower the closer you are to your ideal weight.

Closing this thread as it attracts too much spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back