Weight loss + creatine

seb1041

Hi!

I know creatine can increase the gain of muscle really fast, but can it help loosing weight?

thx!!!

Creatine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wiki is your friend. From what I've gathered from my readings from many sources is that supplemental Creatine helps muscle performance which may allow athletes to train for longer periods of time which may increase muscle mass. The studies on creatine directly stimulating muscle gain are very foggy.

Technically if you increase body muscle, you increase metabolism which will help burn more fat along with aerobic exercise. I would, however, like to point out there are no magic bullets, and weight loss is hard work.

There is no need to use Creatine during fat loss.I will try to keep it short as to why.

-Creatine doesn't work for everyone anyway even when bulking. I am not saying it is useless, but it isn't for everyone.
-You can't gain muscle while in a caloric deficit (other then some beginner muscle of course if new or returning to lifting) so there is no need to take something in support of gaining muscle if not in a surplus of calories
-Creatine is very bad with causing water retention and depleting the bodies hydration, last thing you want in a fat loss phase.

Overall verdict, not going to serve any worthwhile purpose while in a caloric deficit.

-Creatine is very bad with causing water retention and depleting the bodies hydration, last thing you want in a fat loss phase.

From what little I know about it, I was kind of under the impression that this is the entire point of Creatine, that it makes your muscles retain water and therefore you are able to strength train longer than usual. I have been under the impression that unless you are constantly working out to the point of muscle failure, that it really won't do any good. I thought that Creatine helped you get past the point where your muscles would typically fail and sped up recovery significantly so you can work out more often.

Last edited:
Creatine is made by the body, in small amounts. Supplementing increases the amount in your body and its ATP-CP system. This system is used during short bursts of energy use, usually less than 10 seconds.

Creatine wont help you lose weight, but help replenish this energy system. If you've already bought it, I would use it. If not, then theres no real need.

Back