weight loss buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lina2

hi there, im 27 yrs, a mother for 2yrs old gilr...the usual story i gain weight after pregnancy BUT couldnt stop eating and gaining weight after the delivery so im stuck now with 72 kg :( i tried a lot to lose it but my well is soooooo weak and i need personal support of a mom around my age, so if anyone interested to chat and exchange emails and support each other all the way to the end.....

thanks,
lina

Don't give up

Hi Lina,

Weight loss is such a daily struggle for all of us. I wish it were easier. I'm older than you are (37), but I have a little one who's 16 months. She keeps me busy.

One thing I find helpful is exercising with my daughter. That is I take her in her jogger with me for my morning jogs. If I don't feel up to a jog either because I'm sore or just not feeling well, I walk. The point is to get out both for yourself and your girls. Do you have a double jogger or stroller where you can take them out with you. That way they can fun, too.

Small changes will also help you. Things like increasing water intake, reducing sugar and sodium. Add more vegetables to your meals and reduce some of the carbs like potatoes or rice. There's lots of great information available to you on this site and fortunately you're not alone.

We're all struggling to lose or keep the weight off. I've presently lost 73 pounds (63 pregnancy weight pounds) and 10 pre-pregnancy pounds. I'm working on losing the last 20 pounds and then work on maintaining from there.

It's definitely a challenge to exercise with two little ones, but I think if you can include them in your fitness plan (like walking each day for 30-40 minutes) you'll feel better and begin making progress toward your goals. Plan to lose 20 or so pounds over the next 6 months so (more if you're up to it) but not more than 2 pounds per week. Have a small, achievable goal and work toward each day.

Good luck!
Elaine

Hi LIna
so im stuck now with 72 kg
This figure is a little vague.
Your height, and muscle content is also to be taken care of.
Just look to shed off your fat content, do not do things that might result in solid muscle mass loss.
Muscles are the main element which burn fat in our body everyday.
So, try to get some lean muscle , increase metabolism , and eat health food.
You can get a lots of tips about which types of foods to eat daily in a lots of websites.
In my signature you can find a similar site.
Hope it helps.

hey Lina :D

Just curious as to what your plans are and what is your goal weight??

I have 2 kids and im up at 72kgs, looking to lose between 10 and 12, calorie counting and workin out in the gym a minimum of 3 times a week and then doing core exercises at home and walking with my kids and dogs.

Good luck on your journey

Hi all. I've go a 14 month old (15 on Sunday:hurray:) and I am wayyy overweight. I look like her great aunt rather than her mother and Im 24!!:svengo:
Im currently at 195:blush5: and I vowed to be at most 190 on the day she turns 15 months and its already Wednesday and Im still on 195:willy_nilly:
So drastic times are calling for drastic measures.

I will make 190 by Sunday, one way or another :p

oh this is really very common to increase weight after getting baby or before baby..but we shouldnt on diet before during pregnancy period and after that if u r feeding baby then also u should not..But if u r nt feeding then skil dinner and have fruids or salads..take luke warm water in the morning

Could you explain this 'luke warm water in the morning' theory please?

Could you explain this 'luke warm water in the morning' theory please?

:iagree: I am actually very curious about this too. Here it appears I have been a sucker for SO LONG for adding ice into my water and slowing my weight loss :(

I could be wrong, but my understanding of the icewater method is so your body can spend energy (burn calories) warming it to room temp.
With warm water in the morning, its that warm liquid in your tummy making you feel full so that you dont eat quite as much. I have coffee black becoz its super low cal and caffein helps boost metabolism and gives energy until morning snack time

I tackled this luke warm thing once already..
-------------------------------------------------------

Does Drinking Ice Water Burn Calories? : Hydration, maybe; weight loss, doubtful - CHOW

Roger Clemens, DrPH (doctor of public health) in nutrition and biological chemistry, and associate director of regulatory science at the USC School of Pharmacy, walked us through the math. For the sake of simplicity, he didn’t take thermodynamics into account, which would change the numbers very slightly.

You have an 8-ounce glass of ice-cold water in front of you. That’s about 240 grams of water.

When you drink the ice water, which is roughly 4 degrees Celsius, your body will expend calories to bring it to body temperature, which is about 37.5 degrees Celsius; that’s a difference of 33.5 degrees. To raise 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius, 1 calorie is expended. (This is a “little” calorie—what scientists use to measure small units of energy. The calories we refer to colloquially are actually 1,000 of these and are known as kilocalories in the science world.)

Raising 240 grams of water by 33.5 degrees Celsius will take 33.5 calories x 240 grams of water, which equals 8,040 little calories.

Dividing 8,040 by 1,000 gives us 8.04 food calories (kilocalories). Therefore, you’ll burn about 8 calories for each glass of iced calorie-free beverage you drink. That’s equal to about one Life Saver: not exactly a weight-loss miracle.

Using Clemens’s figures, it would take about 435 8-ounce glasses of ice water to lose a pound.

And do we have to tell you? Consuming large quantities of cold water can have serious health effects, such as an overall lowering of body temperature, a decrease in the functionality of the gastrointestinal tract, and, in extreme cases, anemia. Drinking a lot of water can also lead to water intoxication.

Ya, I remember seeing you post that elsewhere Jer.

It makes sense, the thermic activity only produces a moderate 8 calories, vs Kcals.

I'm wondering how the heck the temperature of lukewarm water could POSSIBLY make ANY difference.

Because it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back