Weight loss and running (and diet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizka

Hello everyone, I’m new here and my name is Etienne.

I’m 39 and aim to lose about 10 through exercise and a healthy diet.

I run about an hour every two days. I don’t smoke, drink or take drugs.

I don’t have a great nutrition however so there’s one changes to take place there. I wouldn’t mind running an hour daily but I’m not sure if it’s advisable.

I’m looking for advice from people who have managed to do what I’m trying to do. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum

Diet is the biggest factor in loosing the 10 (kg or lb ?) Starting a thread in the diary section is a good place to start getting support on this aspect of your goals.

stepping up to running everyday is going to depend on your individual health and fitness levels, running technique and the intensity you are trying to achieve. In addition you will need at least 1 day for full recovery each week.

Hello Trusylver,
Thank you for your welcome, much appreciated. I'd like to lose 10 pounds. I should probably start a new thread then in that section. Gotcha regarding the day of rest. I now run an hour a day but will take a day off a week.

Hi, Etienne & welcome to the forum. I'll catch up with you in the diary section soon :)

I replied to you on another thread about what I eat for running and losing weight. Reply is here https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/losing-weight-through-nutrition-and-running.119381/. To lose weight it’s still all about controlling the total amount of calories. To keep energy up for the runs, it’s about not wasting those calories on anything that doesn’t help you. I find carbs do help me get into runs but I keep my protein up too to help with energy while not running and to control my overall calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back