Weight Gain and Quitting Smoking

bglittert1979

Hello! I quit smoking about 2 months ago and gained 10lbs. I can't seem to get back to eating healthy. I eat all the time and usually about 1800-2300 cal (believe it or not that is less then what I was doing before!! LOL) I want to eat less then 1600 cals but I just can't seem to do it after the last 2 months of eating like a pig. I really want to lose the weight and need some advice to get normal again!!! Please Help!!

Hello! I quit smoking about 2 months ago and gained 10lbs. I can't seem to get back to eating healthy. I eat all the time and usually about 1800-2300 cal (believe it or not that is less then what I was doing before!! LOL) I want to eat less then 1600 cals but I just can't seem to do it after the last 2 months of eating like a pig. I really want to lose the weight and need some advice to get normal again!!! Please Help!!

Hey how ya do'in.. Congrats on the quitting the smoking.. I too have done that..and will be three months on February the 8th.. I didn't gain that much of weight.. May I suggest a book to you.. it's a great book if you are trying to quit smoking.. or have just quit smoking.. Take's different views rather then telling you why smoking is bad for you.. :rolleyes:

It's called EASY WAY TO QUIT SMOKING ~~ BY ALAN CARR'S

The book goes into about eating and weight gain from quitting smoking.. Again Congrats on Quitting.. :rolleyes:

I guess I was one of the lucky one's. When I quit smoking, I didn't gain any weight. However, I was a high school student, ran track and worked about 35 hours a week so I guess I didn't have much time to gain weight.

My weight gain happened after my first 2 years of college and getting married.

I wish you the best of luck on keeping off the nicotine and your weight loss efforts.

P.S. I quit smoking Feb 15, 1998.

Back