Weight bench recommendations

I'm looking to add a weight bench to my collection of home exercise equipment (dumbbells, pull-up bar, rowing machine). Of course, I can do standing exercises (e.g., hammer curls, squats), but I figure without a weight bench I have no place to effectively and safely do other exercises. I do NOT aspire to ever be the sort of guy who can bench press my car or anything like that, so I don't need some amazing beast of a bench. If I someday bench 200 pounds and stop there, that would probably be just fine with me. I would like something sort of versatile though; being able to do incline exercises, preacher curls, curl-ups, etc. would be nice features. Obviously, the better the value, the better. Any recommendations for brands and/or models? And any that you would recommend staying away from? Thanks.

Have you ever tried using a yoga ball? Works great as a "bench" for dumbell workouts. You can perform a wide variety of exercises, including flat bench, incline bench, preacher curls, reverse sit-ups, etc. You may want to give it a shot before dropping a few hundred $$ on a multi-function bench. Just a thought...

Thanks. I'm still open to getting a more conventional weight bench (and hope people will still make recommendations), but I already have an exercise ball and should look into using it more. It's always nice to save money by not buying stuff I don't need, especially these days.

This is what we have:

We don't have much room, so went with something smaller. It's a great bench though, and solid.....

Lie down on one and make sure you feel comfortable, some of them are quite narrow - it's been better in my opinion to pay a little more for a broader bench.

Back