want to be taller!

hey guys, ok well im not the SHORTEST girl ever, i think im about 5"2. but i really really would like to be like 5"5. i mean im not asking for much...and I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE LONG LEGS! ...does anyone know how to get taller? i mean, NOT produtcs with hormones n all that...just wut to eat, wut not to eat..etc, stretches that anyone may know or something...thank u soo much guys! bye!!!!

Well if you think you've pretty much finished growing ...I think it's pretty much a done deal. However...if you look into Pilates and do it on a regular basis as well as yoga you should be able to develop a stronger, long leaner look...just be happy with who you are. I'm 5'5 and would love to be 5'8...but that isn't going to happen unless I'm wearing heals!!!Good luck...!:)

I hate being short, too. I'm into kickboxing (see appropriate thread) and it's tough when you can't even reach your opponent's head with any of your blows. I'm just shy of 5'6" :(

I want to be taller too. I'm only 6'6". People say I should just deal with it but I'm tired of family and friends looking down at me. If I were a girl I could at least wear heals but oh well. :D

Being super tall kinda sucks. It's very hard to add tons of muscle to a 6'6" frame.If I were 5'11" I'd be huge! Oh well, just gotta hit the gym more, I heard chicks dig tall guys too so I guess thats a plus.

I'm 5'8" and told by doctors I have still a half-foot to grow... anyhow, I'm the tallest in my family as it is and I'd like to get taller as well, bummer though you can do stuff to get anything else almost but NOT able to get taller.

Smaller people have more strength-per-pound than taller people do. Just another upside to being on the shortside.

You can't increase your height, that's pretty much a function of your genetics, and your environment as you grow. You can work the axial skeleton by loading it (heavy squats) and improve your posture. This won't really make you taller, but it can give the impression of being taller if you tend to slouch.

Anyway, it's not about height... it's about PRESENCE!

panman79 said:
Being super tall kinda sucks. It's very hard to add tons of muscle to a 6'6" frame.If I were 5'11" I'd be huge!

lol i say the exact opposite thing.. i always think to myself that i would be a lot bigger if i was 6'2 or so with the same numbers.. lol, i guess the grass is always greener on the other side :rolleyes:

yeah, mreik, ive thought the exact same thing. im about 5'10, and i would love to have a 6'1-6'2 frame to build on.

5'2 is not terribly short. i have to agree with mcarley about the short girls though...my girlfriend is 5'1. i can probably think of several attractive girls i know under 5'2.

to answer your question: there is no real preactical way of getting taller.

how old are you exactly? If you are fairly young then you do still have a chance. Try to get a lot of calcium intake. Avoid exercises like squats which put more of a strain on your back.

That comforts me !!!

McCarley said:
I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to be taller, but I love short women!

God made you for a man like me.

Good to hear that, it comforts me
I'm 1.6 M :mad:

lol i'm 5ft 6 and my girl is 5ft 5, at least i get to stare into her beautiful eyes....but i must say... shorter women do seem to be more of a turn on... don't ask why i just think they are!! :D

Just be yourself whatever you look like. I know society welcomes women on the shorter side (5'2'' is not THAT short). I'm shy of being 5'8'' and I am an 18 year old male, which sounds much taller than 5'2'' but for a male I am MUCH shorter than so many people out there. Just be thankful that you were not born homeless, blind, mute. I know it sounds immature, but sometimes you just have to say, "**** it". Otherwise, consume your calcium and pray. I am sure your beautiful, so NO WORRIES!

Back