Walking Club

maybe we can make a contest out of it?

I walk 6 miles everyday it isnt raining and so far I walked 4 miles to day in light rain because it has been rain for two days and I havent waked more than 2 miles before today. I hope its not raining around 6 oclock because that is when I walk again. I walk three times a day morning , noon and night. Each time is a mile up and a mile back home .

I'd have been up for this but managed to tear something in my calf/achilles tendon last week. Been limping since then. :( So no walkies for me for a few more days yet.

The indoor exercise bike instead is my alternative... but it's not the same as getting out in the fresh air. A walk is good for the head as well as the body I find.

I'd have been up for this but managed to tear something in my calf/achilles tendon last week. Been limping since then. :( So no walkies for me for a few more days yet.

The indoor exercise bike instead is my alternative... but it's not the same as getting out in the fresh air. A walk is good for the head as well as the body I find.

very much. i try to walk everyday and i do a lot of thinking!

I got to walk yesterday and because it was lightly raining I doubled up and walked 4 miles around 2:00 pm and again at 5 for another 4 miles. This morning I wieghted myself as I do daily and I had lost 3 lbs. I never lost that much in one day before but I had been at 193 for about 4 days. I like to walk because I see cars passing and its like getting out of the house. I have lost 10 lbs this month and I was just trying for 8.

I got to walk yesterday and because it was lightly raining I doubled up and walked 4 miles around 2:00 pm and again at 5 for another 4 miles. This morning I wieghted myself as I do daily and I had lost 3 lbs. I never lost that much in one day before but I had been at 193 for about 4 days. I like to walk because I see cars passing and its like getting out of the house. I have lost 10 lbs this month and I was just trying for 8.

wow that is really great! 10 lbs!

Thanks for the committ. I have been on this diet since July and I was 220 and I just started a plan of my own, cutting carories. When my brother told me he had lost 60 lbs in a year, I decided to loose it a little quicker. He ate 1800 calories a day, so I decided to eat 1200 a day and walk,ride my bike or whatever worked. My brother said he did no exerise at all. So I belive that the walking will get me where I want to go. I want to be around 140, that is 50 lbs. to go. With thanksgiving and christmas comming soon. I walked 7 miles today and may cut back to 5 or 6 if the weather get too hot, was 85 today but cloudly, yesterday was light rain and I never felt the effort was too much but I slow down when its hot.

Thanks for the committ. I have been on this diet since July and I was 220 and I just started a plan of my own, cutting carories. When my brother told me he had lost 60 lbs in a year, I decided to loose it a little quicker. He ate 1800 calories a day, so I decided to eat 1200 a day and walk,ride my bike or whatever worked. My brother said he did no exerise at all. So I belive that the walking will get me where I want to go. I want to be around 140, that is 50 lbs. to go. With thanksgiving and christmas comming soon. I walked 7 miles today and may cut back to 5 or 6 if the weather get too hot, was 85 today but cloudly, yesterday was light rain and I never felt the effort was too much but I slow down when its hot.

Yes with your walking and riding bike you will easily burn more calories. 1200 calories a day is tough though. you are VERY limited to what you can eat. i did that a few times and i found that 1700 is so easy to stick with.( for me) also maybe you should consider doing some lifting and push ups and stuff.
your not going to get big or super tones on 1200 calories a day but lifting burns a lot of calories.

Yeah in January i was 212 and i started walking every day and eating better and i stuck with that for about three months then stopped walking but i stayed eating better. now i am on a 1700 calorie a day diet and i am trying to walk as many days as i can. so far i am at 198(today)

so i guess make a separate thread and just keep editing that post when you walk. i will put a link up. i am thinking we can just do Monday updates? what do you think. keep track and just put down a weekly mileage.

I would love to do this too. At the moment I walk 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles at lunch time. I go horse riding in the evenings, but if I don't then I usually go cycling for roughly 15 miles. I'm only starting and am hoping to lose around 70lbs yikes I know its alot, but we have to start somewhere. I'm trying for 1500 calories a day, but I'm just guessing. Anyway, I get weighed every second Friday at the Docs, so roll on this Friday. Hope I'll be down a few pounds. Am down 10lbs so far ......

I would love to do this too. At the moment I walk 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles at lunch time. I go horse riding in the evenings, but if I don't then I usually go cycling for roughly 15 miles. I'm only starting and am hoping to lose around 70lbs yikes I know its alot, but we have to start somewhere. I'm trying for 1500 calories a day, but I'm just guessing. Anyway, I get weighed every second Friday at the Docs, so roll on this Friday. Hope I'll be down a few pounds. Am down 10lbs so far ......

wow that sounds great, six miles of walking a day!

well here is a link to the challenge

http://weight-loss.fitness.com/club...b-monthly-challenge-september.html#post724858

Walking burns more calories than bike riding. I choose to walk. I bought a pair of jeans yester day because my 36 jeans were getting loose and I had to wear a belt. I bought a 34 but never though to try them on because I didnt believe they would fit. Well they are loose too and I had to put my belt back on. I tried on a pair of 32 and they almost fit, need to loose a 1/2 inch.

Walking burns more calories than bike riding. I choose to walk. I bought a pair of jeans yester day because my 36 jeans were getting loose and I had to wear a belt. I bought a 34 but never though to try them on because I didnt believe they would fit. Well they are loose too and I had to put my belt back on. I tried on a pair of 32 and they almost fit, need to loose a 1/2 inch.

wow thats sweet! i still wear 36 :(

Id love to join this thread. Im in NZ so we dont go by miles, we go by kilometres. But im sure i can convert it easily.
Not sure the distances i will be walking though, i mainly just jot down the time i walked. But mayby if i go for a drive i can measure the distance.

Ive started again this week on my journey to lose weight. Monday i weighed 179.52 my aim is to lose quite a lot... or at least get close to 140/150
I belong to the gym, but just havent been going. But i went today for the first time in a long time! I feel so much better... Problem is is that i had shoulder surgery at the start of the year because i kept dislocating it. So im very hesitant to do any form of weights yet, untill the shoulder has strengthened.
That leaves me just with the cardio machines. But i also plan to walk everyday once, mayby twice.

Today at the gym i walked 45min on the treadmill, and then also did the bike.
So ive done my walking for the day. Was also going to go for a walk outside but it was raining.

So i'll keep posting on this thread updating you on my walking, and my weight loss.

Must go now and make a nice healthy dinner for everyone :)

Last edited:

:hurray: for you!!
My son is 6'1" and he may weigh 160lbs and he wears a size 32/34 and they are baggy on him, he will not wear tight jeans. How tall are you?

Back