VigorFit (again)

I have a similar post in the fitness equipment section, but I'm not getting a lot of hits... I want to know if anyone has used the vigorfit machines before and if they have any comments on the quality of construction, how it compares to the total gym and also any experiences good or bad with the lower model total gyms.

I know I should get free weights, or join a gym, or get a personal trainer, get x, y or z... or do workout a, b, or c instead, but I'm really interested in thoughts about the quality of these machines (or any similar machines). How do they compare to each other and will one fall apart sooner than the other... is one smoother, quieter... more versitile etc.

I've wanted a total gym for years, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to be able to add weights and resistance to it... I even thought about building something for myself that did it... but when I was searching online for a good price on a total gym I saw that some other companies had the same ideas. I just wanted to know if these are comparable quality.

I bought the vigorfit for 455 (after shipping) as opposed to the 1700 I would have to pay for the total gym which is not as good just because of chucks picture on the video.

Here are the pros.

works stabelizers just as good as free weights. This surprised me. cost is about the same as a one year membership to a gym were I live. I actually quite my gym membership because I can get my hour 15 minute work out at the gym done on this machine in about 26 minutes. It allows me to crosstrain so I go through 12 exercises hitting all my major body groups and some minor ones twice over. I do a set of 12-15 of one exercise and then I move straight to the next. No rest in between. When I am done with the set (all 12 exercises. I repeat the set 2 more times. There is practically no more than 3 or 4 seconds rest while Iswitch positions. Try cross training like that in a gym with 20 other guys trying to compete for the decline bench.

I bench 265lbs. And I tell you I will not reach the limit of this machine anytime soon. Between the bands and the weights you can add it will be hard to out grow unless you take roids.

The cons.

I find that this product is great for upper body. and some lower body. But not as much as I would have liked. Fortunatly for me I do my lower body mostly by other means.

Also if you cross train it will give you a good cardio as well but using the machine as soley cardio is no match for a good olyptical machine at the gym. I jog and like to jog in the outdoors so for me this machine is perfect. If you want it to replace everything though you might be selling yourself short. Comical thing is a martial artisst is advertising the total gym which is great for upper body but not so good for strengthening all those kicks.

Pedram

If you're deadset on getting one of these, then go with the vigor fit, but I'd still recommend a something better: freeweights.

interesting

That is the same decision I would have made. I will be very curious how you like this machine. It seems to excel in every category. This is just my opinion.

I think you made the right decision. Please keep me posted.:)

Regards,

Ray

Has anybody purchased either the Vigorfit or the Total trainer yet? I am going to get one of them just as an added workout and am leaning towards the Vigorfit but would like some reviews from somone who has purchased one.

Hi, I've been reading posts

I'm looking at vigor fit, total gym and now the Total trainer, price unfortunatly matters, I need soemthing that had variety otherwise i'm bored.
I am a woman, short, don't weigh to much over my ideal. I need exercise to up my metabolism and strengthen. I do have an elliptical and I'd like something else to switch off with. Variety is what keeps me at it. Between my job, my son, and life I need to exercise at home. Based on this info would people recommend Total trainer vs Vigor fit???? Thanks so much!!!!!!

Last edited:
Wow now I'm looking the links

and I'm more confused about which machine does what! So Bayou and total trainer are the same company? Now I need to find the best fit, if anyone can shed any light, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If you have an elliptical already I'm assuming you're covered for cardio - you might want to think about strength training to add some muscle, and therefore increase your metabolism. It looks like either machine will give you that, or you could opt for some dumbbells and go from there.

i think that rather then trying to use machines to do training free weights will lways beat anything because it may not be as cushy or safe as these machines but u get better defenition, teaches u to controll your ballance and is less expensive. as long as u have a bench a bar dumbells and some weights u can train and work out any and every part of your boady affordably.

I'm saving up and I think I'm leaning towards the total trainer

free weights is not the best option for me, as i have a variety of spine issues from a mva that plague me.

VigorFit is Awsome

Hi All:

I needed to jump in here. There is some serious misinformation on this discussion.

In my opinion, everyone should be aware of some of the comments posted to this forum. One user in particular appears to be have alternate motives. I think it is obvious but you be the judge.

I am an avid fitness buff. I posted something similar on a different string.

I have worked out at the gym for years as well as on the VigorFit and in my opinion and that of my workout buddies, absolutely nothing beats the VigorFit. It is awesome.

* Super Heavy Duty - I am 6'2" tall and weigh 240 lbs.
* Tons of resistance - you'll never need another gym. If it can handle me and my buddies it can handle anything.
* Every accessory you could ever need, want or desire. I gave up my gym membership.
* Great customer service and a lifetime warranty on 100% of all parts of the gym.

What more can you ask.

There is absolutely no choice here - the VigorFit is the way to go.

Check out their comparison at:

Good Luck in making an informed decision.

VigorFit has my vote.

John

P.S. - The VigorFit offers a complete Pilates Kit as well as a whole line of accessories. My girlfriend loves Pilates and also loves this gym.

P.P.S - Not trying to be a cheerleader or anything but felt it necessary to correct some of this misinformation being posted.

Hi All:

I needed to jump in here. There is some serious misinformation on this discussion.

In my opinion, everyone should be aware of some of the comments posted to this forum. One user in particular appears to be have alternate motives. I think it is obvious but you be the judge.

I am an avid fitness buff. I posted something similar on a different string.

I have worked out at the gym for years as well as on the VigorFit and in my opinion and that of my workout buddies, absolutely nothing beats the VigorFit. It is awesome.

* Super Heavy Duty - I am 6'2" tall and weigh 240 lbs.
* Tons of resistance - you'll never need another gym. If it can handle me and my buddies it can handle anything.
* Every accessory you could ever need, want or desire. I gave up my gym membership.
* Great customer service and a lifetime warranty on 100% of all parts of the gym.

What more can you ask.

There is absolutely no choice here - the VigorFit is the way to go.

Check out their comparison at:

Good Luck in making an informed decision.

VigorFit has my vote.

John

P.S. - The VigorFit offers a complete Pilates Kit as well as a whole line of accessories. My girlfriend loves Pilates and also loves this gym.

P.P.S - Not trying to be a cheerleader or anything but felt it necessary to correct some of this misinformation being posted.

Boy, if you do not work for or have an interest in VigorFit you certainly should. Your'e a pretty good spokesman for them. I wish they as a company would cmpare the VigorFit to the TotalTrainer instead of the TotalGym. I have sent them emails to that affect, but they replied that they didn't feel TotalTrainer was their competition, that Total Gym was and therefore they weren't going to bother. I think they are making a huge mistake. Most of the people on the internet who seem to be interested in that type of equipment have found the TotalTrainer web site and have already decided that it is better than the Total Gym. The TT on paper looks better than the VF. The only thing the VF has over it is the resistance bands. (Which in my opinion is a very large plus). The TT is a better looking machine also.

VigorFit

Thanks for your post.

First, as I said in a previous post. I had to jump in because.

1. I think the Vigorfit gym is an excellent piece of equipment.

2. Some of the information being posted is not accurate.

I find one of your comments a little odd and inacurate.

" the tt looks better".

First, I'd say you are wrong. The VigorFit I have is a heavy duty commercial quality piece of equipment and looks fanatstic.

Second, This is about the workout. Your not looking to buy a piece of furniture.

With that said the VigorFit looks great.

Look... I am here just to clarify what I see as misleading posts.

If it helps, here is what I love about the VigorFit gym.

1. This thing has an incredible amount of resistance. I can't see anyone outgrowing it.

2. It is built solid.

3. The ride is extremely smooth. You have to look at the rollers they use. They are huge, oversided, Ball bearing rollers with this flange thing that holds it tight to the board. Very smooth ride.

4. There are a ton of safety features. Look at their ten solutions on their site. The board is held tight to the frame with brackets.

5. There is nothing else ever to purchase.

6. Nothing confusing. Just one model that has everything. Nothing further to purchase.

7. On top of this ever part on the gym is covered by a lifetime warranty.

8. There are more than 100 exercises. I can do any exercise that I used to do at the gym and my wife does Pilates on the VigorFit.

I'll try to answer specific questions if they are posted. I just want to stop the misleading baloney that I see being posted.

Listen, if anyone questions my motives don't believe me -- go take a look at their Ebay feedback. See what other people have to say. I've been watching these posts for a long time without saying anything. Just thought it was time.

Below I cut and paste some recent feedback in case someone didn't want to click over to Ebay.

Good luck
____

Awesome - Quick Delivery - My 11 YO could not leave it! - Great family training
Buyer songahm8s2z( 1 ) Sep-13-06 05:08 150010666173

Terrific!! Thanks for the easy transaction and wonderful product.
Buyer xrup1( 122) Sep-12-06 12:24 180021475703

Fast Shipping. Nice Gym. Thanks.
Buyer three-rivers1( 34) Sep-11-06 21:14 180022551053

Wonderful product. Exactly as advertised. Would buy from again.
Buyer wendus1974( 12) Sep-10-06 19:34 180019242513

Great Item. Brand new and Love it.
Buyer tacobuddy98( 28) Sep-10-06 17:52 180023870232

WOW Just like they said quick delv. I would use again A+++++++++
Buyer photer( 26) Sep-09-06 13:19 180023547884

Quick delivery, set-up in under 30 minutes.
Buyer paramedic5150( 2 ) Sep-09-06 10:39 180022297765

Fast service. Excellent machine. 5yr old daughter helped assemble. Good workout!
Buyer pawisnewski( 1 ) Sep-09-06 09:32 180023550256

It's just what I was looking for. Fast delivery and Quality product.
Buyer lucdanielle2( 1 ) Sep-08-06 19:51 180015634879

Fast shipping great product THANKS!!!!
Buyer sterling1138( 41) Sep-08-06 16:52 180023212521

Warrant

Before you buy a Total Trainer vs. a Vigor Fit, you might want to consider the warranty. I am going to purchase a Vigor Fit as they warranty everything including the frame. Total Trainer has no warranty on their frame. The reason that this is important to me goes back to my experience owning a Total Gym 2000. At the time that I owned it, I weighed about 190 pounds. I did a lot of squats and cardiogliding on the machine which puts a lot of stress on the weld near the foot pad. The weld on the foot pad on my Total Gym kept giving out. Total Gym warrantied everything including the frame. To their credit, their customer service was great and ended up shipping me three new machines in a one year period no questions asked as the weld ended up separating on all three. After a year, I sent the machine back and was refunded my full price. I used the Total Gym for a year ended up paying only the 50$ in shipping. (I was told later when I inquired about a Total Gym that they had addressed this defect in subsequent versions of the machine.)

In comparing the Total Gym, Vigor Fit, and Total Trainer machines; I would immediately eliminate the Total Gym as it is grossly overpriced. They were selling one of their new models for over $1,000 and later ran a "sale" on the same machine for about $600 (still too much.) This leaves the Vigor Fit and the Total Trainer; however, the fact that Vigor Fit has a warranty on everything including the frame tips the balance solidly in favor of the Vigor Fit.

Has anybody purchased either the Vigorfit or the Total trainer yet? I am going to get one of them just as an added workout and am leaning towards the Vigorfit but would like some reviews from somone who has purchased one.

A bit late in the day for this thread perhaps but here goes.

I got a used one off of ebay that was delivered yesterday. It's in A-1 shape, apparently when "he" left her, the Vigorfit was left behind.

The thing is easy to set up, the instructions even easier to follow.

The resistance bands are something else!

I've tried a few sets with/without the bands, and let me say thta they make all the difference in the world! Without the bands in place the board does glide as smoothly as can be. With the bands in place, the board will glide, but believe me, you do feel the resistance.

This is no cheaply built piece of equipment.

So far I can't see any downside to the Vigorfit.

It apparently delivers exactly what it claims to be.

If the only thing different from this and the T/T or T/G are the attachments and the overall price, then I seriously think you need to consider this as an alternative to buying a home trainer that is more expensive, and contains a lot less add-ons.

Am example of what I mean is the weight bar and clips that come with the unit. The Total Gym has an additional charge for this.

Between working on my gut, and uppper body strength, and the distance running that I'm doing, I should be in better shape in a few months than I am now.

How do you like your VigorFit?

A bit late in the day for this thread perhaps but here goes.

I got a used one off of ebay that was delivered yesterday. It's in A-1 shape, apparently when "he" left her, the Vigorfit was left behind.

The thing is easy to set up, the instructions even easier to follow.

The resistance bands are something else!

I've tried a few sets with/without the bands, and let me say thta they make all the difference in the world! Without the bands in place the board does glide as smoothly as can be. With the bands in place, the board will glide, but believe me, you do feel the resistance.

This is no cheaply built piece of equipment.

So far I can't see any downside to the Vigorfit.

It apparently delivers exactly what it claims to be.

If the only thing different from this and the T/T or T/G are the attachments and the overall price, then I seriously think you need to consider this as an alternative to buying a home trainer that is more expensive, and contains a lot less add-ons.

Am example of what I mean is the weight bar and clips that come with the unit. The Total Gym has an additional charge for this.

Between working on my gut, and uppper body strength, and the distance running that I'm doing, I should be in better shape in a few months than I am now.[/How

Back