very new mom, stalled weight loss

Mex0050

So Im 5'5" and was 110lbs before getting pregnant last year. I went all the way up to 145, which would be healthy except I didn't go full term. My daughter was premature by a month and a half. Its now 5 weeks later, I'm down to 125. I lost all the way down to 120 very quickly, then started going back up. These lbs wont budge, I dont understand. I'm 22, I have always been an athlete, I workout at least 2 hrs a day. I was put on bedrest during my pregnancy and lost some muscle. Im wondering if thats making the scale stick at 125, or maybe if Im losing a little fat, but putting on muscle. I don't see how that could be possible though, since I eat only 1200 calories a day (more interested in LOSING fat than gaining muscle.) It doesnt make me feel better, I need to be back where I was so I can train for this years marathons, I missed last years, and Im tired of not being able to fit in my wardrobe, I feel like a cow when I try to get into my jeans now. I dont care if Im only losing 1/2 lb a week, just as long as its coming OFF, and its not. I dont breastfeed, so I have no weight from milk, I have no problems with extra skin or anything. I dont see why I can get this weight off! What do I do?? I'm not one of those people who needs to wait 9 months, this weight should be coming off faster than it is, because I was so fit before the preg.:mad:

You sound like soooo much like me.
I'm a marathon runner as well, got pregnant and went EEEEeeeeek!
I was older though about 25 at the time but put trained hard, competed etc.

I was put on bedrest this time around and wondering how it's going to go in the end.

I will tell you that it took a loooong time for me to lose the weight after my first BUT I unlike you, I wasn't ready. I had WAAAAAY to much to do, a loooot of sleepless night with my daughter etc. So I waited, when I was ready, I realized it was harder than I was expecting. I ran the same, lifted, ran a 1/2 and a full and still couldn't go down to my normal weight.

I had to shock my body. I didn't want to change up my routine bc running is my priority but I had to. I took up boxing and ju-juitsu. I started fucusing on a lot more on speed work. I decided to do some 5K trianing (vs the distance I always do), hill repeats, intervals etc.
and for the first time I had to cut back on certain things I ate.
Worked like a charm. I lost those last 5lb in no time and lost about 5lb on top of that.

So I'm planning on approaching it the same way this time.

HTH!

Have you ever tried cleansing? I found that did the trick, wish I would have discovered it sooner as it took me 3 years to lose that last 10lbs after my second child. There's a lot of interesting info on this fantastic health technology!

Thank you for the link! That is good information. Isamom...what do you mean cleansing...like the liver cleansing with herbs and things or like colon hydrotherapy or a combo?

It's a total body cleanse and it's all natural with no stimulants like ephedra or caffeine, etc. It's been spectacular and has jump started weightloss for so many people.

My site is in my siggy line, on there you can find all the ingredients in the cleansing system.

Back