UFC & Football

Couple of topics....

Whats everyones predictions for the superbowl? Being a Steelers fan i'm going for Steelers vs Carolina....

Secondly for any UFC fans they have just announced a fight for later this year between Matt Hugues and The Legend Royce Gracey any UFC fans here will know what a major deal this fight is :D

I find that fight as more of a publicity stunt, honestly. It could be a good fight, but I have a feeling Hughes will simply stomp gracie.

Who knows though, perhaps I will be suprised.

I love football. But we just cant get it over in the UK.
If we do its on some crazy sky channel that you can never find at 4am in the morning.

In my lil town there was a football team called the Maidstone pumas, I was gonna try out this year but they shut down thru lack of funding.

I just wasnt meant to be part of it.

You have to pay for NFL europe.
they sky is already £45/month thats $90.
I wont be paying for any more channels.

we'll get the bowl for free but at 4 in the morningso its not like I can get the guys round and crack open the beers. I'll be well asleep by then. I'll just watch the highlights the next morning.

who is thru?

some1 told me that Tom brady got sacked 3times!!! No way.

Cos me and my mate like NFL, but we dont follow teams, we each choose new team to support every season, and bet on games when our teams face eachother.
anyway so the patriots are my team this season. Are they out yet.

did the bengals win?

The Bengals got beat last week by the Steelers, who beat the Colts this weekend, so the Colts are done...

The Patriots looked really horrible against the Broncos, I don't know the exact number, but Tom Brady could have very well gotten sacked 3 times in that game, he had no protection. The Broncos really took it to the Pats.

Seattle took care of the Redskins without Shaun Alexander, he had a concussion but is expected to play next week against the Panthers, and Carolina beat the Bears.

if you can read about the ending of the colts/steelers game, check it out, it was rather ugly hehe :D

:D Go Steelers :D

think the total for the Pats game was 5 sacks against Brady,the NFL has announced that the ref was wrong on his call against that interception though

I think they can beat the Broncos, but its gonna be tough to beat the Seahawks, especially since they proved they could win without Alexander. Im still not sold on the skill level of the Pittsburgh secondary. The Colts seemed to be able to burn them a time or two, just not enough to win.

the NFL will have to answer for the two reviewed plays this sunday too. They called a "knee down" completion in the Chicago game but they took an interception away from Troy Palomalu (sp?) because his knee was on the turf when he caught it, but wasn't when he dropped it.

our defense is hit and miss they never play good a whole game,they usually start playing good late in the game,or as they did this week start great and fade towards the end...I think they need to use Randel El for trick plays more I mean hes a heck of a QB in his own right

If we ever lost Polamalu we would be screwed though :D

dude, Im a Browns fan, so you know this is killin me, but Paulomalu is all over the place, he's unbelievable.

If they can get out early on seattle they may have a good shot at beating em. just depends on what defense shows up. They can stop Alexander, its Hasslebeck they need to worryu about.

LMAO Sorry man didnt realise you was a Browns fan,I'm surprised you lasted this long in the conversation about Pitt lol......they aren't exactly fans of each other lol

hehe well, I love football, I don't buy into the whole rivalry thing like some of the nutjobs, but ill talk football with anyone willing hehe

thats cool,I dont do the rivalry thing either mainly coz I only got into football with like 2 regular season games to go last season....wife tried to get me to watch it before but I refused lol....Must have been my stubbourn English side...But now after a couple of years here I'm addicted although I refuse to support the Penguins in Hockey,ive been a Maple Leafs fan for 20 years and that wont change lol

Complete Tangent Allen but how much do you pay for your Karate? I used to do Shotokan when I lived in Germany (only an orange belt) and I tried Tang Soo Do here but the cost of Tang Soo Do was totally crazy

steak, I agree about the finish of that game, its was wild hehe.

shape, I pay 55 a month for 3 classes a week, then its 45 for testing, 12 a year for SSKI dues, so its not too awful expensive.

Back