1. Lunge to OVHD Arm Swing 2x3min
2. RDL 205x8,225x5
3. BB Jammers 90x8each
4. BB Sumos 225x8,4
5. Inverted rows bent knee x8
6. Prisoner Style Split Squats x8ea

What is a "dead bug"?

Day3 Week 1 AA mixed with APRE
coming off another 24 hour fast. Nothing hard...was salivating as I cooked a meal.

Did Active stretching after each exercise for first set....no rest for second set
1. Alt. DB Press and Back Lunges with DB Back Lunges 2x20,30x3min
2. DB Bentover Rows Neutral grip 60x8,80x7
3. DB Bench Press (left upper bicep...fearful tension) 2x130x8,8
4. DB Hammer Curls 60x8,70x6
5. 1 Arm DB Swing 55x6 each
6. Bridge of bench and hold with 1arm db press 30x8each

body responded a lot better

Hey Justin - Dead Bug G.I.Y.F.

Day3 Week2 AA from APRE

1. Alt. DB Press and Back Lunges with DB Back Lunges 30lb x3min , 3lbx90sec
2. DB Bentover Rows Neutral grip 90x12,100x12
3. DB Bench Press with twist neutral grip to prone grip (left upper bicep...fearful tension) 140x8, 150x5
4. DB Hammer Curls 80x6,90x2
5. 1 Arm DB Swing 60x6 each and 60x5eacg
6. Bridge of bench and hold with 1arm db press 40x8each only did one set...left side very angry

Felt better for the most part. Left scapula area tension after workout. Used a compression sleeve on left arm after workout for recovery

Day5 Week2

1. pushups
2. mark verstegen lunges
3. bent knee side plank kneetucks
4. gray cook plank pattern
5. dead bugs

About to switch up again

Monday AA

1. Lunge to OVHD Arm Swing 2x3min
2. RDL 205x8,225x5
3. BB Jammers 90x8each
4. BB Sumos 225x8,4
5. Inverted rows bent knee x8
6. Prisoner Style Split Squats x8ea

Strangely today went pretty bad. I was able to get 1 set in before certain joints gave me a warning

1. Ovhd Arm Swing with alt. lunges x3min
2. RDL 225x6
3. BB Thruster 95x8
4. BB Sumos 225x8 - medial right hip area and oblique area tense...changed position but nothing worked
5. Inverted Rows x3 - Left medial tendon of elbow and bicep flared up sharp pain

Ya, I definitely have aches to address. My girlfriend has me trying "Tumeric Paste" (I actually have to drink the stuff) starting today for achy joints. Keep you posted on that

That's a new one on me. What is the alleged benefit of eating concentrated spice? Apart from always having an empty seat beside you on the bus.
I have heard about fish oils, and there is a mineral supplement I keep seeing, but tend to think eating well and training should take care of it. Along with a frequent dose of ignoring the fact that damage I caused in youth means waking up in varying levels of pain every day.
What is your mobility and flexibility routine like? I find stretching after every workout, running, weights etc. is crucial. I should do warm up stretches after some warm up work, but never do.
Sign of my stupidity. I started ensuring I stretched after every workout to minimise the aching. When the aching reduced I decided I wasn't training hard enough so upped intensity. Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Hey Crazy - "alleged" haha! I like that (sort of) ... Tumeric helps with inflammation. Tumeric does not have a smell to it to worry about. Fish oils are great and I used to take a lot. It worked well and it is omega 3 DHA source (cant get that from plants).

I generally stretch specific areas before training. This week I have changed it to morning foamroll - static stretch - corrective drills. I should do as you and stretch after my workouts...but I am hit or miss with the post exercise stretching.

Day 3 Week3 AA Circuit
Final week for this gonna take next week most likely
1. DB Split Jerk modified drills 2x30lbx3min
2. DB Bentover Rows 2x120x11,9
3. DB Bench Press 2x150x8,9 *couldnt shake tension in left chest/shldr area....kept the ROM limited
4. DB Hammer Curls 2x80x6,4
5. 1Arm DB Swings 1x60x3ea and 1x45x5ea
6. Bridge of of bench with 1arm DB bench press 1x45x8ea and 1x50x8ea

Happy witht he results...no pain but tension in left chest and left knee

We're opposites then, you do warm up mobility properly, I do cool down recovery properly. Combine the two of us we we'd be awesome.

Day1 Week1 Maint/Rehab

Decided to to a weekly fit challenge. This week I have 500 pushups to knockout total.

Morning Super 8 Corrective drills
Afternoon foam roll/static stretching and corrective exercises

58 pushups today

Day2 Week1

Morning Super 8 Drills

Mid morning
15 min of Intervals between Capoiera and Muay Thai drills

Evening
Foam roll/static stretch

54 pushups today
Total 112

Day1 Crazy Week
Life is getting a bit too hectic for me to really spare much time for gym and just about anything right now.

Pushups last week 321 total wanted 500 but missed it

300 reps
1. 1 Leg Hip Hinge
2. Pushup or Plank to knee tucks
3. Kneetucks on toes
4. Split Squats
5. Spider Man
6. Chair Dips
7. Bridges
8. Leg Lowers
9. Standing Toe Touch
10. Q-Ped Leg Raise

Day1 of my return!!!

Had a great training session. My body responded better than I thought it would. It went like this:

Started with easy warmup and went straight into foam rolling. I would say I averaged about a minute per area. Then I got into static stretching troublesome areas. Active and dynamic drills came next. Followed by aerobics and quick hit of strength training. Here are the specifics you will notice most of the time was spent on stretching and prep work:

2min simple treadmill walk

Foam roll of the lowerbody.

Static Stretching
1. Supine hip flexor stretch 2min each side
2. Supine cross-leg glute stretch 2min each side

Core drills
1. Supine ab contractions bent knee 2min
2. Supine ab contractions while on foam roll 2min

Active and Dynamic Drilling:
1. Gray Cook toe touch drills
2. Sahrmann Supine foot slide drills
3. Cook step up drill
4. Bridges
5. Bridges with marches
6. Supine alternating leg raise
7. Prone leg curls with hip adduction
8. Cook Squat corrective pattern
9. A-March with knee tucks
10. Static Lateral lunges and reach
11. 1 leg alternating hip hinges

Dont be a big sissy-chicken-baby drill
3min Capoeira Ginga
3min Muy Thai boxing patterns

Finally Strength training:
Snatch Grip Barbell RDL 115x10 4-0-2 tempo
Perfect Pushups x6 4-0-4 tempo

Looking forward to tomorrow

Day2

I did a lot of conditioning work. I ownt list it all. Did not get into strength training. Now I'm on a 24 hour fast...looking forward to 7am!!

24 hour fast. Are you going to hospital of just insane. I fast around 8 hours at a time, but I have to be put to sleep to manage it.

I've done a few almost-24-hour fasts recently. So long as I get to have dinner each day, and don't train fasted, I'm happy.

Back