Trying to increase muscle size

I’m trying to increase muscle size. How is my workout plan? Should I add more exercise? Am I working out all the areas? Do I need to change my sets or reps?

ALL EXERCISES ARE 4 SETS X 12 REPS

Day 1 - CHEST
Chest Press
Dumbbell Pullover
Incline Bench Press
Flat bench Press
Chest Press (barbell)
Free Motion Chest Fly
Weighted Dips

Day 2 - BACK
Kneeling Pulley Row
Upright Cable Row
Seated Row
Front Pull
Dumbbell Row
Body Weight Pull Ups

Day 3 - SHOULDER
Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Raise
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Side Laterals

Day 4 -LEGS
Leg Press
Seated Leg Curl
Leg Extension

Day 5 - ARMS
Dumbbell Curl
Preacher machine
Bar Pushdown
Seated Dip
Wrist Curl
Barbell Curl
Dumbbell Hammer Curl
Dumbbell Extensions
Reversed Push Down Bar (palms facing)

ABS – Ab Crunch Machine - Everyday

It honestly looks to me like you've just picked a list of your favourite exercises, rather than really thought about "What do I need?" and "What don't I need?" The fact that you only have 3 exercises for legs when you have many more for each upper body muscle speaks volumes. I'd recommend a more balanced approach. Here's a more reliable template for you, that should allow you to have a pretty well-balanced routine, which will help you gain muscle all over and reduce the risk of injury.

Upper Body:
- 2 compound pushes
- 2 compound pulls
- 1 biceps and 1 triceps
OR
- 1 anterior delt, 1 medial delt and 1 rear delt

Lower Body:
- 2 quad/knee-dominant lifts
- 2 glute-ham/hip-dominant lifts
- 1 calves
- 1 abs

So, an upper body workout might look like:
- Bench press
- Incline DB bench press
- Pull ups
- Rows
- Barbell curls and dips OR
- DB overhead press, face pulls and lateral raises

And a lower body workout might look like:
- Front squats
- Back squats
- RDLs
- Leg curls
- Standing calf raise
- Woodchops

Do upper and lower each twice a week, possibly using alternating exercises each time (eg I do bench press and close grip bench press on Tuesday, and incline bench press and overhead press on Friday), work progressive overload, and eat. 4x12 for everything is fine, although you may find some exercises respond better to higher or lower rep ranges, or you may benefit from practicing periodisation (eg spend 1 month doing 4x12, then the next month doing 4x8, then the next month doing 5x5 (compounds only)). There are lots of options here. The main thing is to make sure you balance right with left, top with bottom, front with back; build strength in the rep range chosen; and eat enough to gain about 0.5-1lb/wk.

I have been looking for ways to mix it as well. My question is I read about these gloves randomly as I had never seen them before I am just wondering how long the "rings" integrated into the gloves would actually last. Seems like they would get separated over time with regular use and weights? Have any of you ever tried or seen? Just wondering if it is gimmicky or not?

Many research shown that in order to increase muscle mass, stress must be put on the body, leading to increased hormone release, and increased flow of nutrients into the muscle, and with rest, muscles will grow.

Agreed with one bro's comment.
it's rest and nutrition.

I don't use to rest days.
I wonder you all feel the same.
If you never workout one day and you feel uneasy UNLESS that day I FALL sick and REST is a Must.
Now I just split don't overstrain myself each day if train every day. Some days upper body some days lower and Two day just swimming.

But beware of over work. It will do more harm than good.

It honestly looks to me like you've just picked a list of your favourite exercises, rather than really thought about "What do I need?" and "What don't I need?" The fact that you only have 3 exercises for legs when you have many more for each upper body muscle speaks volumes. I'd recommend a more balanced approach. Here's a more reliable template for you, that should allow you to have a pretty well-balanced routine, which will help you gain muscle all over and reduce the risk of injury.

Upper Body:
- 2 compound pushes
- 2 compound pulls
- 1 biceps and 1 triceps
OR

Lower Body:
- 1 calves
- 1 abs

- Bench press
- Incline DB bench press
- Pull ups
- Rows

- Front squats
- Back squats
- RDLs
- Leg curls
- Standing calf raise
- Woodchops

Do upper and lower each twice a week, possibly using alternating exercises each time (eg I do bench press and close grip bench press on Tuesday, and incline bench press and overhead press on Friday), work progressive overload, and eat. 4x12 for everything is fine, although you may find some exercises respond better to higher or lower rep ranges, or you may benefit from practicing periodisation (eg spend 1 month doing 4x12, then the next month doing 4x8, then the next month doing 5x5 (compounds only)). There are lots of options here. The main thing is to make sure you balance right with left, top with bottom, front with back; build strength in the rep range chosen; and eat enough to gain about 0.5-1lb/wk.

I LOVED this answer. Its very rare that I see a post that details my EXACT routine almost to the T and isn't completely overloaded with bodybuilder style rubbish.

I can't agree more with this approach.

Upper Body:
- 2 compound pushes
- 2 compound pulls
- 1 biceps and 1 triceps
OR

Lower Body:
- 1 calves
- 1 abs

- Bench press
- Incline DB bench press
- Pull ups
- Rows

- Front squats
- Back squats
- RDLs
- Leg curls
- Standing calf raise
- Woodchops

I certainly agree with Goldfish!

Upper Body:
- 2 compound pushes
- 2 compound pulls
- 1 biceps and 1 triceps
OR

Lower Body:
- 1 calves
- 1 abs

- Bench press
- Incline DB bench press
- Pull ups
- Rows

- Front squats
- Back squats
- RDLs
- Leg curls
- Standing calf raise
- Woodchops

I certainly agree with Goldfish!

hi guys
I have a problem with set weight. Now I'm 75 inches and 188 lbs, but my goal is 200 lbs.
I training 6 times for a week, eat only proteins food, but I think it's non-effective without steroids preparates. What do you think about this? My friend advised me get the order on thepharmacom.com. Do you know anything about this site and it production? And please recommend me what is the best steroid for begginers.
Thanks)

hi guys
I have a problem with set weight. Now I'm 75 inches and 188 lbs, but my goal is 200 lbs.
I training 6 times for a week, eat only proteins food, but I think it's non-effective without steroids preparates. What do you think about this? My friend advised me get the order on thepharmacom.com. Do you know anything about this site and it production? And please recommend me what is the best steroid for begginers.
Thanks)
Wow, I buy my test here too. Good choice.
What do you buy in this shop?
And show your results, if you can.
P.S This was my first order
View attachment 6409

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 61
Back