Trying to get back

rimay2k

I have been a vegetarian on and off for about 10 years now. There are times when I can go years without any meat then there are times when I incorporate fish into my diet.
Usually my body tells me okay we do not want meat anymore and I just stick to a veggie diet but this has not happened in about 2 years. I am trying to get back on that road because I make horrible choices when I eat meat(fried,fatty choices) and keep weight on.
It is hard in my house because my youngest son is vegetarian although he is 3 he knows he does not like meat. I think it because I was not eating meat at all when I had him and did not introduce meat until he was about 1,5 years old and he did not really like it so I never forced it. My sons school only makes fish 2x a month the rest of the meals are all organic veggie meals.
Now my oldest son loves his schitzel he is 5 and my husband conincidentally is on atkins go figure:icon_bs: so now I have to try to keep everyone happy and try to focus on my weight loss and eating the way I want to eat. Just the thought seems very tiring.

I know what you mean...my husband is an avid meat-eater as well. Unfortunately we've found no way around this other than cooking many meals separately. When we do share meals we typically cook things where the meat can be added in later, and we compromise and do frequent meat-free dinners as well. If you need meal ideas let me know and I'd be glad to elaborate. Best of luck to you!

Back