Treadmill/Exercise bike/Elliptical Trainer ???????????

Hi,

I want to buy some home cardio exercise equipment to try and loose some weight. I also want to workout my legs as best as I can especially my calfs. What piece of equipment will best work out my calfs/legs ? Which would you recommend ?
1)A Treadmill
2)An Exercise bike
3)An Elliptical Trainer
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank's in advance,

Noodles
:) :) :) :) :)

from what i've heard Treadmills are the best lower body workout.
I have an elliptical because i've also heard treadmills can be more prone to injury to your feet/knees/back, and i have a bad ankle that treadmills sometimes disagree with.
exercise bikes are very low impact but i've heard their not as good of a workout as ellipticals or treadmills.
Ellipticals also give you somewhat of an upperbody workout.
If you want to go hardcore and lose weight the fastest and develop your legs/calves the fastest then treadmills or possibly even weight training are the way to go.
Oh we also got an elliptical because we live in an upstairs apartment and didn't want our neighbors complaining of the Thump!Thump!Thump! of a treadmill. My wife still really likes to run though so some days she'll go running instead of the elliptical.

I would recommend an elliptical trainer. A treadmill will also give you a good workout but with the elliptical changing the resistance level can be changing giving you at least some level of strength training for your lower body. Also, the elliptical is very low impact compared to the treadmill. I would rate the exercise bike as the lowest.

Back