Training Log - Inspired by Evo

MMM...ho-ho's

Or whatever else those little cakes are called. I can picture you in your neon clothing popping the cakes out of their little wrappers and eating them as they gush all over your hand...Is that weird? :D

MMM...ho-ho's

Or whatever else those little cakes are called. I can picture you in your neon clothing popping the cakes out of their little wrappers and eating them as they gush all over your hand...Is that weird? :D

Nominated as most disturbing post for the month of February.

Goergen, you show those ****ers! :D

When is the proper time to squeeze the glutes? I noticed recently that when pulling, I just try to squeeze the glutes all the way up the lift. When rack pulling, I did not concentrate on squeezing the glutes until lockout. Will squeezing the glutes at an improper time cause power to decrease?

I do not think you need to think about squeezing the glutes. If you are treating the deadlift like a back and forth lift and not an up and down lift everything should be taken care of.

At the bottom you should "load your hamstrings" meaning tighten your back and drive your hips down, this will put tension on the bar before you really start pulling. Once the bar starts moving, the goal is to push your hips through.

So it is not really a "bar up and down" lift but a "hips back and forth lift" :D

Or whatever else those little cakes are called. I can picture you in your neon clothing popping the cakes out of their little wrappers and eating them as they gush all over your hand...Is that weird?

That is a little weird. :eek::D:beerchug:

last night in when doing my PowerCleans, I wanted to hip throw that bad boy into a Clean/Jerk- I WAS AFFRAID of getting hurt. I have wathced the video at least 20 times. Tell me about that move and how I can feel confident about it. I may just need to hear you say go for it, but- I don;t know. The rotator cuff, the up and over, the ----oh shist ....

FF

I think it's fun in general to see other people on the forum training. Kinda cool to see how they do things and you get a better impression of how they look in real life :p
like when I first saw Goergen he was shouting in the gym "comeon! yeah! yeah!", wobbling from side to side, while this other dude was doing squats :D :p

I only have my cell phone, but I will get a vid of my power clean, for you guys to have fun with. The video I was talking about was Gayle Hatch.

The Power clean is not the lift that I am concerned about- it is the Clean and Jerk -yikes.

I think it's fun in general to see other people on the forum training. Kinda cool to see how they do things and you get a better impression of how they look in real life :p
like when I first saw Goergen he was shouting in the gym "comeon! yeah! yeah!", wobbling from side to side, while this other dude was doing squats :D :p

Wheres the video of Georgen?
I only have my cell phone, but I will get a vid of my power clean, for you guys to have fun with. The video I was talking about was Gayle Hatch.

The Power clean is not the lift that I am concerned about- it is the Clean and Jerk -yikes.

I saw that video too. How did you start off doing power cleans, did you start from a small weight and work your way up or could you always clean 155?

^^^^^ That is a good one. :D

I do not have a video of me doing a power clean. It is a lift that I do not use that much in training. I have found other lifts to be more effective for the goals that I have.

Wheres the video of Georgen?

I saw that video too. How did you start off doing power cleans, did you start from a small weight and work your way up or could you always clean 155?

That vid is a dead lift aint it??? and what's the deal with have one hand reversed?

my PB onm the power clean is 225. I did it right after a spin class and on an ego trip. I did start with 95 lbs. one you get the hang of keeping momentum, it gets alot easier.

GEORGEN... talk about the CLEAN AND JERK some. That is a whole different lift. And when you say ditched power cleans for soemthing else- like what?

After Sunday I will be doing MORE weight training and building up my muscles, so I can burn them off again in the May- July months.

Last edited:
^^^^^ That is a good one. :D

I do not have a video of me doing a power clean. It is a lift that I do not use that much in training. I have found other lifts to be more effective for the goals that I have.

That goal is obviously to become a better dancer... atleast it should be :D :rofl: :p
The singing is first class though!

That vid is a dead lift aint it???

Yes it is.

GEORGEN... talk about the CLEAN AND JERK some.

The clean and jerk is a pretty basic move. It is lifting the bar to your shoulders in one move. The goal is to use your hips and back to create momentum so you can get your elbows under the bar.

The jerk starts at the end of the clean. You dip down with your legs and push on the bar, then dip back under the bar to "catch" the weight.

Just give it a try FF. Start with light weight to get a feel for it and go from there.

Your best bet is to find a weightlifting coach in your area. You will get a lot more out of that than from reading about it and watching videos. :D

And when you say ditched power cleans for soemthing else- like what?

I started using swings and pulls with kettle bell and dumbbells. I do some different types of high pulls with the bar. (though it would be terrible form from a weight lifting standpoint, it is great from a throwing standpoint)

and what's the deal with have one hand reversed?

You can hold onto a LOT more weight that way.

That goal is obviously to become a better dancer

I am the best dancer alive. :D:D:D

oh--- See, now I thought it went from the full dead, to the hip spring to directly over head. From my neck to the overhead is not nearly as creepy. I have done some of those. but not with enough weight to need to split my legs and all.

OK--- I WILL TRY! ;)

there are some variances in technique and approach to the weight.... cool one to see. I wll get it up there.

Get after it FF. Awesome.

Yesterday was great.

1. Dynamic Flex

2. Pud Throw - 44lbs. Threw an 8 foot PR on this one. I really learned how to get long. That was good.

This felt so good I went right to the Weight Over Bar

3. Weight Over Bar - 56lbs. The best day I have ever had. The weight felt light, my timing was great, I was really able to get long and put force on the weight through a greater range of motion.

Thoughts-

The past couple of weeks have been great. I have set a PR in every throw, squatted 600lbs again. Everything is going great. I am looking forward to what the next few months of training will bring.

Back