Tips for a beginner?

Ok well first off, im pretty much a fat geek.
17yrs old, 220lbs, 5' 10" -5' 11"
I'm fairly inactive (I do walk about 25 minutes a day but it doesnt really do much) and I don't eat well.

I decided I want to change for the better before college so I already removed soda from all meals, replaced all my drinks with water, cut junk food out of my diet and plan to replace my lunch with a Salad,Sandwich Tortilla wrap.

Since my day is very busy would riding a bike for 30-40 minutes a day help much? What can I do to help even though I am pressed on time? I really just want to drop fat from my stomach and chest. I'm not that interested in muscle building or anything, all i want to do is drop weight. Thank you in advance.

Dropping fat is mostly about diet. You don't need to remove junk food completly. have junk food up to three time a week. You'll keep your sanity and you're body will actually get benefited form it once in a while.

Add resistance training to your workout incombination wit cardio. But keep your cardio to no more than three sessions per week. You'll begin to lose lean body mass at that point. Doo your cardio sessions at a shorther clip than 20-25 minutes and do it at a much higher intensity, HIIT (high intensity interval training). I'll use jogging as an example. Jog for 60 seconds then Sprint for 30 repeat 5-7 times when you can surpass that load increase sprinting to 45 seconds the when you hit the 7 set load increase sprinting to 60 seconds. But keep it to a MAX of three times a week. To offset the LBM you'll be losing during that make sure you're lifting weights and a good intensity at least three times a week. If you need to do HIIT and lifting on the same day do HIIT AFTER you work out. Coordination and good form is more important when you're moving hundreds of pounds of weight compared to moving your legs and arms back and forth.

adding a tiny bit of resistance training will help you burn off the fat. You don't need to push a lot of weight, as you don't intend to get big, but muscle is the best source for burning fat ...

AllCdnBoy said:
adding a tiny bit of resistance training will help you burn off the fat. You don't need to push a lot of weight, as you don't intend to get big, but muscle is the best source for burning fat ...

what is resistance training?

Lifting heavy weights and building muscles is one of the BEST ways to lose fat. A pound of muscle burns 35-50 calories a day. A pound of fat only burns 2-3 calories a day. So build the muscle, and you'll burn more calories all day long - even when you are sleeping at night.

Back