tinyMKaloo's diary

tinyMKaloo

i've been reading everyones diary and it sounds like a great idea... i try to keep one by hand but sometimes i just dont feel like writing and i dont feel like i accomplish anything by it... so i thought i'd try this.. i like typing better than writing and i figure having people comment on it once in awhile will be very helpful as well... well ill start my diary tomorrow cuz today was just not a good day at all for eating although i did have skating practice for two hours which was pretty intense.. but that still does not make up for the amount of crap i ate today... :-/ ahhh i need to work on not eating as much! alright well i just found this site today and i love it and i think this could be one of my key things in helping me get my body to the point of where i want it to be.... so good night everyone... hope all yall had good days with your goals :)

good idea on starting your diary....you'll see it helps.

Try to write down everything you eat and maybe seeing the long list already motivates you to cut back on the "bad foods"

i hope it helps... i was out of town this weekend so i didn't get a chance too.. but im going to try and s tart.... today so far hasn't been too bad: orange, oatmeal.... lunch: salad, and really cheesy mac & cheese :-/ oops... but i have a plum for snack and hopefully a light dinner.. i thnik this diary thing will help.. :)

ok so finishing up for today... i fell asleep right before a test so i woke up and frantically grabbed a rice krispy treat (why??? i have no idea!) and i ate a plum then for dinner i ate pretty well... corn, veggie quesa, and some beans, lots of water all day, went running after dinner, then had an event and ate these cheesy breadstick thnigs... again.. why?! definately not hungry.. was feeling so good about the fact that i ran and ate relatively well today and then i had to ruin it! the whole time iwas thinking waht am i doing but did it anyway! grr well i suppose tomorrow is a new day... thats a huge thing i have to work on actaully... being around people and being able to resist when im truly not hungry!

today was NOT good... i thought i was going to have the will power i really did... but then my "mom" in my sorority gave me a huuuuuuge amount of candy! so i had like 5 pieces! granted it was bite size but still grrrr def did not want to! i've been trying to give it away.. oh well tomorrow is a new day and i will succeed!!! heres a good quote i found... appropriate especially for me haha:

"Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability."

Cla

Hi Tiny,

Conjugated Linoleic Acid, or CLA is a supplement that is usually found in red meat and diary products. It comes in pill form and it is supposed to aid in weight loss by helping your body burn fat more efficiently. It helps your muscles burn the fat that you have already stored in your body when you are dieting or exercising so that your body doesn't eat away at it's own muscle, which is usually what occurs during diet beause of the decreased caloric intake. I have been taking it for about 2-3 weeks now. I havent' noticed a huge decrease in body fat, but it is helping me feel full on smaller amounts of food and helps me stay full longer. It doesn't really cut the cravings as much as regular diet pills. So far, I have lost half an inch on my waist, but my weight has stayed the same. I got my bottle from Life Extension. You can also get it at GNC. I recommend taking it with Guarana because the Guarana helps speed up your metabolism. (Guarana is basically like caffeine, but it enters your bloodstream slowly so you don't get a rush).

Hope this helps! :)

Cutiepie

thanks cutie! that was definately helpful... i'm looking into it right now and will probably go to the store later today haha... thanks again! :) -tiny

breakfast: nonfat yogurt
lunch: kung paou chicken & corn & ice cream (just a little...)
dinner: small salad w/ fat free ranch, onion rings, 1/2 slice of lasagna
snack: nutri grain bar, banana, & too much bite size candy!
ahhh i've got to get the candy out of my room! i'm hungry right now and after looking for food but deciding against it every time i reached i decided to put my teeth whitning strips in my mouth because now i CANT eat and by the time i take them out i'll be going to bed :) so good plan eh? haha.. didn't excercise today but that was because i was busy all day... walked aaaaaalll over campus several times so that counts right?

ok ill update today because i had a good day... the past few have not been so good hence me not writing anything.. woops... but NOW IM ON TRACK! GRR
breakfast: large nonfat latte & orange
lunch: small salad, 1/2 banana, small portion of fettuccini (ok so that was bad but i didn't eat too much else... and i have to have some fat in the day right? haha)
snack: apple
dinner: small bean & beef burrito w/ cheese, small salad, lite strawberry apple sauce (one of those mini self serve things) & mini milky way (you better believe i savored every bite of that damn thing!)

excercise: walked probably around 4 miles (not at the same time... just around campus and running errands but hey it counts) and skating practice for 2 hours! :)

HI Tiny,

congrats to manage getting back on track. I think you are doing quite well. Skating for two hours and a lot of walking - good for you:):)
Keep up the good work....maybe we can find some "magic trick" together on how we can eliminate the sweets, or at least limit them to small amounts. I saw that you managed to eat well and hardly have any candy at all...good for you - keep it up!!!

so since last post i had terrible candy binges! actually all sorts of binges.. i was home for the weekend... all good home cooked food there but back at school now... and back on track! a few girls in my hall and i are doing a "no dessert" thing this week... its really just because this one girl eats sweets all the time so its kind of a joke/bet but hey whatever helps right? haha so hopefully this will just cut me off cold turkey because i am going to do this and so after the week is done and hte bet is over i shall keep it up... well thats the plan anyways... i just got these green tea pill things... supposed to suppress appetite, burn fat, etc.. we'll see... oh yea today got back on track after breakfast cuz i got mcdonalds breakfast :-0

that bet is a good idea. I'm confident you can do it...(don't forget to allow for a cheat day every once in a while).

so you like"candy" here in south africa we call them sweets. you have all the right tools for a lifestyle change ( not diet, i hate the word) and i like your quote you used about willpower. Its taken me 12 years to get will power, so dont feel bad at all, you just keep trying. it seems like being at school and being at home is making things a little difficult for you. Just keep going strong and dont feel bad when you fall just keep at it, i believe in you.

Back