The trials and tribulations while losing weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillionJr

I am sick and tired of being overweight! This solemn fact, while true, is motivating me to drop the weight after being overweight for the better part of my adult life. I can't play the sports that I want to play, I have little energy, I eat at the wrong times of the day, I eat the wrong foods, I drink the wrong drinks, I have chronic gout, I am limited as to the types of clothes I can buy, the types of rides I can go on with my kids and on and on and on. Makes me wonder why anyone would choose to live this way. I understand this is a way of life for many of us, myself included. Easier to console myself while eating a bag of chips when my marks at school aren't what I would like or when my wife and I have a disagreement then it is not to do so.

So here I am, day 2, 313 lbs and 32 years old. My goal is to be around 210 by the time I am done with no real time frame (but I should note that people who are overweight always have unrealistic time goals that they may be unwilling to share with people as the backlash will come from the community saying that's too soon.......- so I am going to put it in here anyways). Truthfully the time frame is I would like to lose 70lbs by April 20th - the day I am finished school.

I may be the only one who reads this, but I will continue to write in here as time permits to log my goals, successes and failures. I am not ready to share this on the various social media sites such as Facebook and twitter, I can't bare to tell all the people who I have barely met or have spoken with in the last 10 years about me being overweight. Then again they probably already know don't they.....

Well, at the end of day 1, I was 313 lbs and 32 years old.

Just keep visualizing yourself doing all the things you want to do and believe it will happen and it will. Keep writing everything down and checking yourself with journals and logs - you will succeed! Don't worry about other people. Just be accountable to yourself :)

Good Luck!

To millionJR

I am overweight as well, and i am tired of it! Tired of not being able to play with my kids as I want, tired of having no energy because I have to carry all this weight on me, tired of being lonely because I can't do the same things as my "skinny" friends, I'm just plain tired...I am 29 years old, and weighted 290lbs.

This January 2012 is a new start. I chose my date, January 16, to start my "diet". It's been 11 days, and I lost 15 lbs! I'm starting slowly... no snacking in the evening (my biggest problem),im doing well, except for 2 nights that i gave in, but don't punish yourself, its alright... drink more water....try drinking green tea with spearmint leaves.... start moving around abit more. I do arm exercises in the morning while waiting for my toasts in the toaster, i do some steps or walk around while i brush my teeth, i bought 3lbs weights and do weight exercises in the evening while sitting on the couch watching tv... eat more fiber... I will do those for awhile, then slowly add more exercise, and eat less...i know if i start too fast, i will just get tired and give up. By going slowly, i can just add a new health goal every week or every month. I dont really have a time limit, although i want to be 230lbs by the summer.

So, i'm with you, Buddy! We can do this! I will also write down my achievements and failures.

Life is a game, and we are going to participate in it, rather than just be a spectator!

Day 1 : 290lbs

Day 11: 275lbs

:grouphug: Cheers!

Best of luck with your weight loss goals! Do you have a plan put together for how you are going to achieve this weight loss? Are you working with a trainer and nutritionist?

It's great that you have made this commitment to yourself. Being "fed up" is a great motivator. And don't discount the use of the forum. Journaling what you do (diet and exercise) has been proven to be a great tool in success. As is putting yourself out there. This way the community can help keep you accountable to your goals.

One day at time. And remember...each day is about progression...not perfection. Every proper meal you eat, junk food you skip, and calorie you burn through exercise is another step closer towards your goal.

Good luck! And keep your eye on the prize!

James Cipriani - CFT

Keep on going! Youve got it right, go slowly especially if exercise isn't apart of your normal routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back