Weight-Loss The Losers

Weight-Loss

Mia. Moon

Hi everyone!

Back when Noom had a forum feature I used to be in a group called "The Losers". We were a fun and supportive bunch and I'm hoping to build a similar group with you guys :)

What our group was all about was to have weekly challenges, featuring small steps on a way to a healthier life-style (e.g. drink 2l water every day, …). We'd give our best to fulfil that goal in that week and often it would lead to the formation of healthy habits. We'd share our progress, struggles and random trivia, it was just really nice, and of course, anyone could join.

So, if you're interested in incorporating small healthy changes into your life every week, i'd be happy to see you come aboard~*!

Challenge Week 16

Drink 2 litres of water a day

This is an easy one, which can make a huge difference. We all know the benefits (through here is a quick reminder: http://breakingmuscle.com/health-medicine/10-life-changing-reasons-to-drink-more-water ) but still most of us just don't drink enough over the day, or substitute water with unhealthy popdrinks.
So, the challenge this week: Make sure to drink the two liters of water. Take a bottle with you everywhere you go, opt for water instead of other drinks when being out, mark down how many glasses you had - you'll see it makes a huge difference :)

And it all starts tomorrow, so give your best! ^o^

I'm definitely interest in this! I know I don't drink enough water so hoping this will help. The one thing in my favour is that I now drink only water (bar alcoholic drinks on nights out or the odd fruit juice as a treat). I just need to work out how I'm going to measure it and keep track.

Happy to see you on board!

Yeah, on wouldn't think how hard it can be to drink those damn 2 liters a day, it's really not - that - much.. but it is! I had a hard time today, I was on the go all the time and forgot my bottle at home >-<' Probably at 1 ½ literes now (though not all water, i had a vitaminwater that was distributed for free at uni, bad me) so am gonna make sure to drink another half liter at least for dinner!! How did you do? :)

btw, there are some cute and free apps on the app store to measure water intake, ones where you water your plants and grow them by drinking haha, it's cute! You could try that!

Took a 2litre bottle of water to work with me and asked a friend to make sure that I drunk the whole lot before the end of the work day and I did :) First time ever I think :eek:

I sort of managed 2 litres yesterday. Still had about 1/3rd of a pint left (only measuring in pints because I have pint glasses, this conversion could get confusing) when I went to bed, expecting to drink quite a bit of that in the night, but I didn't so I drank it all as soon as I woke up. So I'm counting that. Today I had (not including the water from yesterday) a pint of water before going to work and just finished the 500ml bottle I take to work, so that's just over a litre already, woohoo!

Day 2: took my 2 litre bottle of water to work with me again. Drank over 3/4 at work and then finished the bottle off when I got home :)

Ahh, you guys are doing great!

What is a pint? It's a beer thing, isn't it? :p

I was really good today too, drank loads of water! Mainly in the form of hot water with lemon and honey to be honest, 'cause I'm getting more and more sick :( But hey, still counts, so I'm actually up to 2 ½ liters today. Btw, are you also having this phenomena that the more you drink, the thirstier you get? I nearly downed a liter in the morning after waking up and just kept on being thirsty all day. I think that is good… ? ^^

2.5 litres .. well done! :)

Yesterday I struggled to drink the full 2 litres, It sort of felt as though I was drowning /: But today I have definitely felt as though I've been more thirsty the more I have drunk .. which is odd, but as you said ... it's got to be a good thing I would imagine.

Good work! Seems like I should make next weeks challenge more difficult :p

I drank my 2 liters as well as i stayed home all day and could just jug them while studying .. ^^

Okay, wow, today was no good! Glad we're having this challenge, otherwise I wouldn't have pulled myself together. Realised at 7pm I had only had like… 2 glasses of water the whole day? That's why I ate so much, stupid, stupid Mia! Anyway, studying now and downing the water (once i started drinking I realised how thirsty I was!) so i'll catch up by the end of the day! >o<

Finished my 2litres... I downed the last fifth of it this evening within 5minutes and now it's given me hiccups /:

A pint is a unit of measurement, 2 litres is about equal to 3 and a half pints. Beer is also usually served in pints though yes.

Monday and Tuesday I managed the 2 litres. Wednesday and Thursday I completely forgot to measure what I was drinking, also seem to be having trouble drinking in the morning. I've just got back from a run so definitely need to get my 2 litres today, just guzzled a pint whilst writing this so I'm on my way!

17/04/2015 Day 5 (I was too busy to upload this yesterday)

I only managed 1.75 litres, I am extremely disappointed, I was just so busy yesterday, was rarely at my desk and I was in a few meetings where they give you one of those tiny plastic cups of water so I didn't drink a lot. I will try and do better today

I haven't been able to update for a few days but I've stuck with drinking my 2 litres of water every day :)

Great job Tory! I wasn't totally good, but I saw a change in my perception of what i'm supposed to do, which is something :)

What do you think about a new challenge? I would very much like to stop eating after 7pm, but I'm not sure how to manage that without getting the most crankiest person alive and then eating anyway… What do you think?

Great job Tory! I wasn't totally good, but I saw a change in my perception of what i'm supposed to do, which is something :)

What do you think about a new challenge? I would very much like to stop eating after 7pm, but I'm not sure how to manage that without getting the most crankiest person alive and then eating anyway… What do you think?

Hmm... Because of work etc I don't have time to have dinner until about 7:30. How about a handful of almonds or some melon as a snack if you get hungry after 7?

Sounds fair! You can also change the challenge for you to nothing after 8:00. It's just about going to bed as empty as possible, something I really struggle with! Wanna start from Monday? =D

Hello! Have you continued to drink 2 l of water?
I am starting..today :blush5:

Back