The "Jennylee's Back" Diary

jennylee

This is very familiar. I fell of the wagon big time when I got sick a few weeks ago, and I have put weight back on. I've even been avoiding this site because I knew that I'd feel guilty. But the guilt got to me anyway with the disappointed looks I'd get from Mr. Jennylee everytime he saw me reach for something bad.
The reason I'm starting a new diary, is because my old one was beginning to get repetitve. Full of "Hi I'm back!" and then "I'll do better tomorrow" followed by nothing for a week. This is my new start.
I have set myself some real goals too.

1. Fit in to my smallest pair of pants.

2. Feel comfortable in my small, navel baring halter tops.

3. Walk a marathon by this time next year.

I will acheive this my following a 1200 calorie a day diet and working myself in to an exercise routine. I will be giving myself the weekends off exercise as a time to recover, as well as taking it easy on Wednesdays.

Week one:
Monday : 2x 10 minutes on exercycle
Tuesday : 2x 10 minutes on exercycle
Wednesday : 1x 15 minutes on exercycle
Thursday: 1x 15 minutes on exercycle
1x 30 minute walk
Friday: 1x 15 minutes exercycle
1x 30 minute walk

Week Two:
Monday : 1 x 20 minutes on exercycle
1 x 30 minute walk
Tuesday: 1 x 20 minutes on exercycle
1x 40 minute walk
Wednesday: 1x 20 minutes exercycle
Thursday:1 x 20 minutes exercycle
1 x 45 minute walk
Friday: 1 x 20 minutes exercycle
1 x 60 minute walk

Week three:
Monday: 1 x 20 minutes exercycle
1 x 60 minute walk
Tuesday: 1 x 20 minutes exercycle
1 x 60 minute walk
Wednesday:1 x 25 minute exercycle
Thursday: 1 x 20 minute exercycle
1 x 60 minute walk (further and faster)
1 x 60 minute walk (same as yesterday)

Week Four:
Monday: 1 x 20 minute exercycle
1 x 60 minute walk
Tuesday: 1 x 20 minute exercycle
1 x 1hour 15 minute walk
Wednesday:1 x 25 minute exercycle
Thursday:1 x 20 minute exercycle
1 x 1 hour 15 minute walk
1 x 1 hour 15 minute walk

I will also be using my exercise ball to develop core strength and tone my body.

Rewards:
Once I reach doing a full week (four times a week) of 1 hour 15 minute walks (planned week 5) I will buy myself some new exercise pants.

Once I reach a full week (four times a week) of 2 hour walks I will get myself a new underwear set.

After 2 months of straight 2 hour (or more) walks I will get a massage or hair style.

I will save my money and if I'm still on track and feeling and looking great within 6 months, I will buy myself some awesome workout gear to fit the new me, and some really high quality shoes.

I'm going to be one of those chicks thats fit and healthy that you see power-walking everywhere!!

Well, seeing as its Wednesday tomorrow, I better go to bed early so I can get up and jump on the exercycle for 15 minutes before work in the morning.

Good sensible plan. Go go Jenny! I was going to comment about the 15min exercise but seeing you increasing it later..that is great! I'm sure you can do it juz keep it going!

Glad to have you Jennylee! Fresh start to a new and improved you! :) You can do it girl! You'll be shining inside and out in no time!

glad to see you back! I'm so glad that you didn't let us scare you away =) we are here for you no matter what

I think it was a great idea to start a new diary and I'm glad you're back! It's good to see you again and all of your rewards are great!

Wow, thanks girls, I wasn't expecting such a big response, but its great!!
Well, I got up early and did my 15 minutes on the exercycle. It was suprisingly difficult compared to what it use to be, but I'll get there.
Breakfast:
Small bowl of oats with low fat milk (150)

Now, I better get ready for work, I don't have a lot of food in the house, so I'll have to get something at work. I am taking with me an apple and a yogurt, but I think I'll need more than that! I'm thinking a wheatmeal breadroll and a small tin of lite tuna.

Now I remember why I love this place, everyone is so supportive. Thank you girls.

Work snack: 1 lowfat yogurt (70)

Lunch: small tin of lite tuna (50)
wholemeal roll (75)
Coleslaw (80)

I took an apple with me, but didn't have time to eat it.

After work snack:
1 slice of bread with marmite (85)
1 beer (130)

At 640 calories so far. Not too bad.

For dinner I have something very simple planned since its just me. 1/2 a tin of baked beans (200) with 1/2 a cup of frozen mixed veges (20) thrown in. A little cheese (40) and an egg (80).
I bought myself a creme egg (little gooey easter egg) as I was going through checkout getting my groceries, so I'll have that for dessert. That will take me to about 1080, and lets not kid ourselves, I'll most likely have at least one more beer.

A little lyric from New Zealands self-proclaimed "Worlds Worst Band" De Ja Voodoo and their little ditty "Beers" :

"I would give you one of my beers, but I've only got six. I would but I don't like to share, and I've only got six"

Ok, I didn't do as well and i had hoped. But thats ok, theres room for improvement, and I'll have to really enlist in some will power tomorrow.

Dinner:
Whole tin of baked beans (400)
2/3 cup of mixed veges (about 35)
too much cheese (100 ?)

Creme egg (140) Dark chocolate instead of milk, not as bad, but still not good.

Had an odd craving for red meat (probably because I've been slack about eating red meat) so I roasted up a lamb knuckle (about 350) :eek:

Ok so I did really bad....... Lamb probably wasn't the wisest choice, its very high in fat.

I did an extra 15 minutes on the exercycle to ease the guilt a bit.
My total was 1535 (approx.) calories. On the plus side, its still under what I'd eat to maintain my weight, but I know its not good enough. I'm really going to push myself tomorrow. It will be Thursday, so I have to do the 15 minutes on the exercycle and go for a 30 minute walk. I'm only working from 10 am to 2pm so I've got plenty of time to do some swiss ball work too.

Menu plan for tomorrow:
Brekkie: small bowl of oats with low fat milk (150)
At work snack (if I have time): Apple (60)
Lunch: 1 Slice of 9-grain bread (80) toasted
1 poached egg (80)
1/2 cup mixed veges (20)
Snack: 1 yogurt (70)
Dinner: 1 small chicken breast, cut in to strips and marinated in garlic and chili, grilled on satays (280) with
peas (20), 1 corn cob (140)

After dinner (my weakest time):
1 orange (80)
cuppa soup (70)
slice of bread (80)

That takes me to 1130, lets see if I'll stick to it.

I've done my 15 minutes on the exercycle and am off to work soon.

Brekkie: oats with low fat milk (150)

Don't feel too bad about the 1500 calories, in fact, that's good, if you go any lower your body will go into starvation mode and will burn muscle instead of fat. You're doing great :)

I am sooooooooo glad your back...because I have missed your humour....
I'd give ya a chocolate but I only have a box, I give you a donut but I only have dozen, I give you a glass of wine but I only have a bottle... I would but I dont like to share.

that is now my new motto!!!!!!

Aww, your so sweet. Big cuddles for Jen!! :D

Well, I didn't manage my 30 minute walk, as I got an unexpected visit from Mr. Jennylee ( yes he's still without a licence ) and I ended up drinking.... again.. we went through 2 dozen Tui's (a type of bird, but also a very nice lager)

Eating wise, I did well, but its kind of cancelled out by the 1500 calories of beer.
I woke up this morning all snotty and horrible, I only just got over my flu and it seems to have made a vengeful return. But this time, I won't let it sway me off track. Ok Ok, so breakfast wasn't as good as it should have been, I really wanted a hot comforting brekkie.

1 tin of spaghetti in tomato sauce (200)
3 slices of wholegrain toast (with canola spread) 260

Ahhh... My fresh start isn't going so well, and I don't feel so well, so I'm going back to bed for a bit and taking a big bottle of water with me.

is everything ok? hope you come around again girl!

Back