Weight-Loss The biggest loser winner....

Weight-Loss

kccruz

When you find out who lost the most amount of weight from this last competition could you please post here?...I have a little something to give to them.

Last edited:
here are the results... congrats to group four for winning the challenge!!!

group one: 14 out of 20 = 70%
sandy - 6 lbs
skinnysomewhere - 5 lbs
4me - 3 lbs
cmsstewart - ?

group two: 16.1 out of 20 = 80.5%
amomono - 3.5 lbs
capuccino - 2 lbs
luvdby3angels - 7.6 lbs
coastergirl4 - 3 lbs

group three: 11.5 out of 20 = 57.5%
honeybee - 3.8 lbs
turtlemama - 0lbs
ali - 4.2 lbs
totallyscrappy 3.5 lbs

group four: 24 out of 15 = 160%
wonderwoman - 6 lbs
missjellybelly - 6 lbs
missr - 12 lbs

group five: 5 out of 15 = 33.3%

christina - 0
runforfun529 - 3
danita - 2

group six: 18.5 out of 15 = 123.3%

2bigfortexas - 7.5
juliew73 - 7 lbs
1 day at a time - 4 lbs

Congrats on winning Group 4. Cant wait to send postcards out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all did awesome.

Congratulations on everyones weight loss!!!!....
I have a little something I planned on sending to the biggest loser. The problem I personaly have about sending it....is that although the winner lost 12lbs....they werent supportive at all with their other team mates. Not very many posts were made by them..and to top it off I dont even see where they even have a diary on here.
The other thing....I know many of you have become really sick while participating in the challanges. There for you are throwing up and are having severe nasua. Causing you to lose weight. I dont believe that is fair to the person who is sweating their butts off exercising.. making healthier choices in their everyday eating...and drinking tons of water. A small cold is okay but If you become really ill maybe you should drop out of the competition.
These challanges are not only personal..but a GROUP effort!!!!....
If you cant support your team dont join. If you cant send the winning team or person a postcard/ email card dont join. I'ts not fair to others if you are going to be a slacker.
Please really give it some thought before you decided to participate....
Also..Im not a bitch.....I am just trying to be honest..and I know some of you might feel the same way as me....

Last edited:
hehehe... I don't think you are a b*tch =) we love you!!!!

I do kind of agree that it isn't quite fair... I know that there were a few people who had surgeries, got the flu, etc... which accounts for huge weight loss- that could not have been accomplished in a healthy way in a normal two week period. That's not to say that they are bad people or are cheating or anything, but perhaps if you know that is something coming up, it would be best to just cheer on the rest of your team, instead of skewing the results.

I'm also having growing concerns about really trying to lose 5 lbs in two weeks... a healthy weight loss is only a pound or two a week, and so we are really trying to push ourselves by making 5 - to do this too often can build bad habits and will make it easier to put the weight back on if we ever stop that rigorous schedule. I'm TOTALLY excited that our next challenge doesn't have a goal of five lbs for everyone... I think that it is a bit more of a healthier approach.

I'm in no way trying to judge an individuals character of honesty or anything like that....lol...and I am not saying they are bad people. I just point it out like I see it.
If someone has so much going on in their life that they cant even support those who are giving everthing they got in supporting them.....maybe those people shouldnt participate in a "supporting" activity...lol....
Also I too love the fact we are not having a 5 lb goal. ( Not that anybody should just "stroll" along in the challange and hope someone will lose big so they can win too)
Everyone loses in different ways....people with lower weight may not lose as much as someone heavier.....

Is any body real good with math???......missjelly and I are trying to figure out the most fair in figuring out on which team will be the biggest loser.
If we take the starting weight of a team....then compare it to what they lose..we will have a percentage right?.....And then compare it with the other percentages of the other teams...........My question is...will it all end up being fair....if some teams have one more member than an other...and will the weight difference come into play in any way.......( SORRY MRS RABON!!!!..I SHOULDSHAVE LISTENED TO YOU IN MATH CLASS)

Okay, so you have the starting weight of each of the team members, S1, S2, S3 and S4, and then the finishing weight of each of the members, F1, F2, F3, and F4. Okay?

Add the weights together: S1+S2+S3+S4=S5. F1+F2+F3+F4=F5. Yes?

[1-(F5/S5)]x100 = percentage of weight lost.

An easy example: Everyone starts out at 200. 200+200+200+200=800. They all finish at 194. 194+194+194+194=776. 776/800=0.97. 1-0.97=0.03. 0.03x100 = 3% weight lost!

Am I making sense there? Yes, it is fair if one team has more members than the others, because even though there's more weight to start and more weight lost, there are more people to spread it between.

Last edited:
cant believe we won!

hey, thank you team 4 and everyone else! i'll leave my address here for a while before i delete it.

deleted

Last edited:
Congratulation WW. I'm off to find postcards tomorrow! I hope.

Went to Group 4's thread to give Congrats, but it was already locked. So, I am hear now to say, Congratulations to Group 4. You had a tremendous percentage weight loss. Awesome. Oh, missr, I hope your feeling better.

Last edited:
Just for the record, I got the Flu after the challenge was over :p . Good Job Team 4 as soon as I get the rest of the girlys addresses I will be sending out postcards. by the way Kim, Noone thinks your a Bitch...LOL. Your just sweet little you. Anyways winners post your addresses or PM them when you can I have Wonderwomans but thats it..God that sound funny. If anyone was to hear me say I have wonderwomans address they would think I was nuts...LOL.

well i guess i will post my address here as well per WW... i know i was supportive to other teams as well as myself, but I was very limited to getting on the internet during the 2 week time period.. I do apologize to everyone...

Roth Rim
P.O Box 60396
Saint Petersburg, FL 33784

2bigfortexas and anyone else who is wondering...i locked most of the old team threads since the challenges were over and so many NEW teams are forming. didnt want people getting the threads mixed up or trying to accidently post in the wrong place.

I didn't know we won till just now! WHoo hoo! Team 4 rocks! I'd love some postcards! Please, please, please.

My speech: hehe
Thanks to everyone who supported the challenge and worked so hard. It really was a great benefit to me and a great way to get to know some of you. I couldn't have done it without you!

Last edited:
thanks for the addresses. I still need the others, I will keep checking and then send out the cards.

Congrats to Team 4!!!!!

great job.

Sandy

Back