temperature fluctuations

Ctiger06

Hello,

For the past month I've been monitoring my temperature a lot more due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Right when things were hitting the US, I was already dealing with a lingering mild cough which I thought nothing of. One night after a strenuous workout I developed a fever and gastrointestinal problems (with some vomiting) for about 12 hours. It was gone after that, but I had a lingering cough still. That eventually went away, but I've been having recurring low grade temperatures of about 99.1 about once a week, and usually after a difficult workout. When I take days off or do light workouts, I have no temperature. In fact, now that I've been monitoring my temperature so much, I'm alarmed by how LOW my temperature can get -- even 95 sometimes. When my temperature gets this low, I also feel a bit off, just lethargic and maybe a little light headed. I am in very good shape and have a resting heart rate in the 40's, but I'm concerned about what is going on with me -- am I fighting some underlying virus, or do I have a medical issue? Has my temperature always done this but I just never knew?

Side note: I asked to get tested for COVID-19 when I first got the fever and I was outright rejected by my doctor as she said my symptoms were not consistent.

Thanks,
Christie

Nobody here are doctors so we cannot give medical advice, however, it is possible that your temperature is naturally low, personally, my temp is always low but the exact number will vary with how the temperature is taken.

• The average normal oral temperature is 98.6°F (37°C).
  • A rectal temperature is 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) higher than an oral temperature.
  • An ear (tympanic) temperature is 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) higher than an oral temperature.
  • An armpit (axillary) temperature is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature.
  • A forehead (temporal) scanner is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature.

the thing to make note of is theses are averages

Back