Teens

BigLyn10

Have You though about starting some forums/threads for teens. I have noticed there have been several teens coming on here but I have not seen any information just for them. I know they have different nutritional needs for their developing bodies. It would give them a place to support each other along with the challenges they face like eating at school, parents that are buying their food ect. It might also help those that want to give advice and tips to realize that these are teens and their needs are different from say someone like myself that is older.
Lynn

And maybe.... a men's forum......
Also..... maybe put the pregnancy stuff into a woman's forum?

That's a good idea Lyn, but I was under the impression you had to be 18 to use these forums--which is still a "teen" but I think you get my point :) If that's not the case, a special forum for them would be keen.

A men's forum would be cool I guess?

There's already a New Moms forum for pregnancy stuff, which coincidentally you posted in LMAO. So who's the father?

A men's area? I think that'll get a little silly. Then we'll have a "women's only area" and then it'll all get a bit segregated, wont it? Men can specify that they want male only feedback and stuff but I see no reason to have a male only section.

What would you want to post in a men's area that you feel wouldn't fit in any of the other sections?

Potential penis problems?

Girls could talk about breast issues.

I dunno... just popped in my head lol

I would love to see a teens forum here. There's another weight loss forum that I frequent more than this one(I think it's safe to assume I shouldn't name..) that doesn't have a teen forum either. I lost most of my weight from age 13 to 14(it's been years since that now) and could probably give some great teenage-specific advice to other teens struggling to lose weight, but there seems to be plenty of hesitation from weight loss communities in general to recognize and encourage the younger demographic in such efforts..

Back