Weight-Loss Team Kudos - Takin' the prize!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beagle1

So here's our Cheerleading Team line up for this challenge:

Heathercb04
Beagle
Maew
Newbride02
Readyfor18

I wish I could say that I'm looking forward to this team because you're all such great friends already, but really, I'm looking forward to this team because I have new friends to make :D

Okay, that sounded really, really cheesy, but its true!

Lets start with our starting weights... and just for kicks and giggles, how do you plan on achieving that goal?

I'm starting at 193lbs, and hope to get to at least to 189 before the end of the two weeks! My big goal is to FINALLY break the 190 line that I've been hoovering around for the last two months, after that, its all good, and I can keep on truckin'. For the most part, I'm following the standard 1300 calories and frequent exercise bit, and I'm trying a new thing, where I throw in a weekly or bi weekly water fast for one day for a quick cleanse and a swift kick in the pants to fat cells ;)

Sounds like a good plan there Beagle!

So I totally bombed the last challenge (hangs head in shame) BUT its time for a comeback!!! I'm really motivated!!

I'm starting out at 188 *ugh* (up from 182 at christmas) ok Korrie,get over it...anyways, my goal is to hit 182 again by the end of the challenge. I'm sticking to my 1200 cal diet, it seems to do wonders for me...but after reading the biggest looser book and currently the one from Dr. Phil (both really say the same thing) I'm looking to add more nutritious foods to my diet instead of just staying under 1200. i'm also adding 2 20 min workouts (tredmill w/ sit ups and maybe some weight lifting, i want to have sculpted arms again) twice a day 5 dys a week.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!! Lets kill our competition!!

hey everyone!

i LOVE the challenges on here! it keeps me motivated, keeps me aware of what i'm eating, and keeps me trying to kick my own butt. i've been feeling a bit under the weather for the past week or so, and definitely had a serious scare over the weekend but i'm feeling all better now and i had a mini epiphany while i was at work mulling over how annoyed i was that i ate so crappy over the weekend. (run on sentence there. . . . .oops!) so i'm weighing in at 185 this morning. my plan is basically the same it has been, but i'm trying to up the anty on my calorie counting. i was doing a 1500 plan for a little while, but i'm now trying to trend it down to 1300. as long as i get between 1200 and 1400, i'm ok. i want to REALLY stick with it for the next two weeks and see where it takes me. gonna get back to the gym, and good news is that since i am starting my critical care classes (just started as a nurse in the ICU) i have loads of time to go to the gym afterwards as i only 'work' 1 day a week. so HOPEFULLY this will be a more impressive challenge than the last!

looking forward to meeting everyone!! :)

oh ps. so i wasn't aware of this for the last challenge (and apparently it doesn't matter for this one) but are you not supposed to show your weight progress on your ticker until the end of the challenges?

With the last few challenges, they've been saying to not update your ticker or anything, but this one you can if you want to, to keep us all motivated :)

Hey everyone, I start on 92.3kg's (I am weighing myself on Monday) --> if anyone can convert that for me that'd be great. I plan on doing my usual 7 day a week (5x twice a day) routine, (and I am eating much less and much better quality food) but my only issue is with this weekend, as I am going away on camp! I will be back Sunday noon but I won't be able to post this weekend! So you guys need to post here as often as you can! I will try my best to keep active over the next two weeks!

Thanks,
Readyfor18

EDIT: Tomorrow morning I am waking up at 5:30 to do 1 Full Exersize routine (dont wanna let anyone down) --> I will try take a jog on the camp on Saturday, and Sunday when I get back I will work out again. So don't worry about me straying there. I am staying healthy and no food or drink other than water after 7pm --> Same applies on camp!!

Last edited:
I think we can forgive you going camping, RF18, so long as we know where you are so we don't think you abandoned us ;)

ok, you guys want to hear how serious I am about loosing weight this time???

For an after dinner snack, I made a bowl of green beans (60 cals) and a tall glass of water!!

Now thats dedication!

I actually had a craving last night for a big ol' bowl of cooked veggies, but we didn't have any left :(

I'm so excited you guys!! I lost 2.5 pds yest!!! I think its b/c Iwas eating so bad and then I really stuck to my diet yest. and drank LOTS of water!

Anyways, I'm just so happy b/c I was really starting to feel like giving up ..I was starting to loose faith in myself, now i have it back!!

Hey guys, I told a newbie..canadian girl that she can join our group if she wants...is that ok???

I wonder where maew is??

yup can u let me know if this is okay?My name is Carla and guys I am totally dedicated!! I have 12 lbs gone so far, and I have a personal trainer (ughhh who kills me!) but its giving me fast results! I am using exercise and counting calories, and so far so good.

I am so happy to find this forum, because I would have been joined long ago if I had found it!!

So let me know if its okay to join your group, I would LOVE to!! I did my own weigh in yesturday, so let me know to post it or not!
thanks!

carla

goodmorning ladies!

just checking in for today -

newbride CONGRATS on the 2.5 lbs! that's awesome!!!

carla welcome and congrats on your 12 lb loss already! that's too awesome. i went the personal trainer route for a while last year and it totally made a difference in my body makeup. (as in fat vs. muscle)

today is kinda going to be a little bit off in the diet dept. . . .i'm taking the boy out for his birthday dinner and i kinda wanna let loose tonight and relax. (ie. we're going to a place with REALLY GOOD beer and i REALLY WANT SOME.) i've been stressed with work recently just because i'm on a new floor and it's the ICU and i'm just getting used to things. however, i'm not going to be sleeping a lot today either because i have to get on a schedule that allows me to wake up at 6am (eeeeek. . . . i haven't gotten up that early in a year!) for my critical care class next week! so i'll definitely have time for the gym! (nevermind that i might fall asleep on the treadmill!)

BUT the past two days were diet fantastic! and i'm buying myself some new medium sized scrubs. . . . . .which right now are a TINY bit snug, but i'm totally looking forward to them being a perfect fit! ;)

have a great day, everyone!

oh ps. i saw this on another thread during the last challenge - could we maybe just do a little bit of an introduction post for everyone in the group? just because i don't know everyone, and it would be great to get to know you all!

Okay so heres my introduction!

My name is Carla, I am 20 years old, and I am from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. I am 5'10", and currently (yesturdays weight) 210 lbs.

The heaviest I have ever been was my starting weight @ 222 lbs. Couldnt believe what I was seing when I was weighed at the gym, I actually cried!

I am a tall gal, so my ideal weight is around 160, so right now I am aiming for 170 @ least!

I have always been active through school, and growing up, playing lots of sports like baseball and hockey, but when I graduated from high school, on came the weight!

I was only 170 lbs when I graduated in 2003, then I went to University, and my weight had a steady incline.....gaining 50 lbs. So its now time to stop the weight gain, and begin the loss!! if you want to know anything else about me just ask!!

So my weigh in for the first day (weigh in from yesturday) is 210 lbs

Do you guys come on everyday for a weigh in, or every few days?

Its your call, whatever works for you. I've heard both sides of the story, they say people who weigh everyday tend to loose more weight then those who don't, but at the same time, the 1 pd difference you might see on the scales if you weigh everyday could be anything at all...waste, water, whatever, its hard to tell..and could throw you into a binge????

I prefer to not weigh myself more than once a week. I find it creates a bit of an obsession that most of the people around me don't really appreciate.

For personal news, I have to admit, I ended my fast early yesterday :p I had dinner at around midnight; went to bed around 3 (and then got up at 7 ><). Also I think I'm gonna drop it down to a montly frequency rather than weekly because its pretty draining. After my short one next week (for bloodwork), I'll wait until the end of February to do another.

ya a weekly weigh in sounds good to me, I try to stay away from the scales too, because like u said, a lb may not me anything really.

so i think it will be weekly for me too.

our team does rock!! i love the enthusiasm :)

so i'm going to introduce myself as well. i'm heather. i'm 24 and an ICU nurse in philadelphia, PA. i'm 5'6 and currently 185 lbs. this is not my heaviest - as my heaviest weight ever was 203. carla, i hear you when you say you couldn't believe what you saw on the scale. i have since vowed to myself never to allow the scale to tell me that i'm over 200 again. my lowest weight in life is somewhere around 135, and i'm aiming to get back down there again (or at least between 135 and 150). my approach has generally been a combination of lifestyle diet changes and exercise. i'm thinking of maybe 'kicking it up a notch' at some point and maybe doing a radical diet for about two to three weeks just to see if i can jump start the weight loss again. since joining the website, i was able to stop my weight plateau and have started losing about a lb a week again which is slow, but is at least progress!

and that's just about it in a nutshell.

hope everyone had a great day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back