Sudden heart rate drop

This morning (first day back at it) using cross trainer after about 35 mins with heart rate constantly around 155-160 I decided to push it for the last 5 mins.

At the same time as a slight pain in the middle of my chest (not the left hand side but smack in the middle) and very slight dizziness - which an hour later is still with me - my heart rate suddenly dropped from 160 to 85-90 range.

I restarted the machine - tried again and it ranged from 85-116.

Never happened before...used these machines for 2 years (although not enough based on fact I am 6'0 and 230lbs).

Should I consult doctor or is this likely to be just body shocked after a lazy festive period?

Any pointers appreciated.....

Forget it.....

Had ECG - seemingly their is a problem with some QS interval (think that is what they said) that means the heart probably combined beats - hence the more of less halving of the rate.

Hey ho.

man thats scary stuff. your heart is actually more towards the center of your chest just off to the left a little. So is this always going to happen?

Thanks.

Have a hunch it could be related to virus I have just shaken off (seems the whole of Scotland have had it).

Back