Strain/Rupture help

Hello

It all started about 40 days ago. I was on a training session (martial arts). We were doing some exposive movements, when suddenly i heard a "pop" sound from my lower leg. At the same moment it felt like someone was ripping the area with a knife.

I did some research and my symptoms matched with a strain/rupture.

The area is where the calf meets the backer thigh. (Back of knee). So its not the lower calf.

It felt very sore the first days so i decided to rest 1 week from trainings. Fine , i thought .... Because i didnt feel any pain more. But when i attended to that class, in the end of the session i got the same injury back ;(

And yes now 2 weeks ago it happend for the third time ;S

I dont know what i have to do? I used ice this third time.
I have rest for 2 weeks now. I dont feel any sort of pain, but im afraid to get it back. I can run walk jump do everything , but still i dont want to get that strain 4 times.

The strange part is that when i extend my leg backwards (making my heel touch my butt) or when i sitt on my knees... I can feel a kind of mild pain or something from the area ... Hard to explain..

What should i do ? ;S

That is going to need someone to be able to have a look at it.
I would say treat anyone giving guidance online regarding a recurring injury of that nature with extreme distrust.
You are going to need to rest and treat it of course, but the type of treatment will depend on the type of injury. Returning to training will be remedial, but again that will depend on what you have done to it.

Sorry I know this isn't answering your query but I doubt anyone worth taking advice from would online. That looks like physio territory to me.

Back